the 100% directionless thread

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
If I may ask, what happened?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
y'all have that parenting approach like when a toddler says he can't walk anymore and you just tell them to use their legs and walk away
Um, ya. Enabling is a thing, so are tough love and positive reinforcement. I’ll let you guess which ones any parent worth their weight in gold would employ.

And the trick is to stay within earshot until they figure it out. Or circle back around and watch them figure out their first slice of healthy independence.

It’s kind of what I enjoy most every time our son takes a header. He looks, waits...(no reaction)...and gets back up.

Anyhoo, baseball season, who’s ready for it, yo?

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
It’s kind of what I enjoy most every time our son takes a header. He looks, waits...(no reaction)...and gets back up.

With my niece and nephews we say, "Boompsy!" with a smile. The twins are two and a half and they get around pretty well and the baby is one now and is just starting to stand on his own for short periods. Pretty soon it will be three toddlers in one house.

Last edited:

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Um, ya. Enabling is a thing, so are tough love and positive reinforcement. I’ll let you guess which ones any parent worth their weight in gold would employ.

And the trick is to stay within earshot until they figure it out. Or circle back around and watch them figure out their first slice of healthy independence.

Anyhoo, baseball season, who’s ready for it, yo?

I saw Yao Ming play once. He lost

VentMonkey

Family Guy
In the office today, inventory of every piece of required training equipment for an accreditation inspection. I’m literally counting gauze and nasal airways y’all!
We have our CAMTS inspection at the beginning of next year. Guess who will be scheduling some baby bonding time then?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Making "Hawaiian Salmon" for dinner tonight.

Salmon on a bed of fresh pineapple and then can of mixed tropical fruit. Topped with a mango chutney sauce and baked in the oven.

Side of halved red potatoes and green beans with the ends snipped off covered in butter and zesty Italian seasoning, also baked.

For dessert, strawberry shortcake. Oh no. I forgot the whipped cream.... ☹😮

Crap. For dessert, strawberries and shortbread. Dairy free.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm just poking at the generic yote hunter that throws a few grand into it for no discernable reason other than they can.
Lol. I hunt during the day, night time hunting is silly. This evening is just cause the yotes attacked the bosses dogs the other day.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I’m thinking of applying to the local fire academy.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Is the National Conference in Atlantic City worth going to?