the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I was on the planning team for the
Been doing the free paramedic refresher through prodigy. Actually pretty good. Think 5.5 hours of ce is enough for the day.

That looks good. I shared that with a guy who is looking to reinstate via con ed. (We have a covid exemption that allows providers expired for less than 10 years to reinstate by doing all the con ed they missed)

I just did a 2 hour class on how to use the statewide incident management software. Talk about death by PowerPoint. I was ready to dig my eyeballs out with a spork.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I was on the planning team for the

That looks good. I shared that with a guy who is looking to reinstate via con ed. (We have a covid exemption that allows providers expired for less than 10 years to reinstate by doing all the con ed they missed)

I just did a 2 hour class on how to use the statewide incident management software. Talk about death by PowerPoint. I was ready to dig my eyeballs out with a spork.
Yeah it is pretty nice. All pre recorded so you can do it as you wish. Only found one speaker that I want enthralled with so far.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Curious, has anyone else heard of Type 2 MI’s? Does it vary from an NSTEMI? Couldn’t find much literature on it.

Is it just new/ different nomenclature for an NSTEMI? Thought about a thread, but doubt it would make it very far. Maybe it’s just a regional term.

I’ve heard of Type 3 DM, from the Alzheimer’s.

Also, I’d like to re-mention Internet Book of CC podcast for anyone interested in ICU-type knowledge. That is all for now.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Curious, has anyone else heard of Type 2 MI’s? Does it vary from an NSTEMI? Couldn’t find much literature on it.

Is it just new/ different nomenclature for an NSTEMI? Thought about a thread, but doubt it would make it very far. Maybe it’s just a regional term.

Also, I’d like to re-mention Internet Book of CC podcast for anyone interested in ICU-type knowledge. That is all for now.
Heard of it, all I could come up with is an NSTEMI without coronoary thrombosis. Looks more like a billing term than anything.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
79371888_2516436035234860_4486200036249567232_o.jpg

Never forget the true hero of Christmas town.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
My understanding has always been type I MI is due to coronary occlusion and type II is ischemia secondary to supply/demand mismatch or global shock/hypoperfusion. I.e. Type I requires a Cath lab and Type II needs to identify and treat the underlying cause and ST deviations should resolve.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
What do you call the meter thing that turns oxygen into a certain FIO2 for a trach pt?

Large blue tube connected to trach that looks like a wand with settings you control by twisting it

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
What do you call the meter thing that turns oxygen into a certain FIO2 for a trach pt?

Large blue tube connected to trach that looks like a wand with settings you control by twisting it
I call it the oxygen blue thingy to set the fio2.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Venturi trach collar
Yes. Except that doesn't appear to handle the controls to the O2, the setups in these pictures don't have them.

Though, I didn't know the name for the collar either, so that's a good bit of information

silver

Forum Asst. Chief

In 2018 there was a joint task force to redefine MI.

The Key Points to take away per ACC.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
This was helpful, thank you.

Taking the heathens to one of those drive-thru dinosaur exhibits. Here’s to hoping it doesn’t freak our 1 year old out, haha.
No problem. I remember reading it in an inpatient consult note and having absolutely no clue what it meant not too long ago.

Also have no clue why joint task force is a hyperlink, especially as I dont know the last time I was on Walmart's webpage....

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Went to help move a Bari pt to the gurney. He's got a lot of blankets on him. One staff member is at the head. I say she might be better with help moving his feet. I instantly remember he's a double AKA. Faces just look at me and I start turning a little pink. Moving on. 🤦‍♀️

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Been doing the free paramedic refresher through prodigy. Actually pretty good. Think 5.5 hours of ce is enough for the day.
How do you get a password? I've heard about it,but unable to sign in without a password. I've have my 2021 done. Trying to work on my 2023.