the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Tagged my mailbox pulling into my driveway today denting the new truck. 3k in body repairs.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Expensive mailbox 😅

Some jackass was tailgating me so I was in a rush to get into the driveway. Last time I'll go out of my way to convince someone else while I'm pulling into my driveway.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well it sure doesn't look too good for Kanye out there, does it?

About the only result I'm confident of saying so far is that the vote is going to be even closer this year than 2016...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Me: I think I'm gonna go take my firefighter afternoon nap before we go workout and do dinner
*as soon as I lay down*
Dispatch: Here's the cardiac arrest with CPR in progress call you wanted!

Interestingly enough, our drill this morning was a class on how to set up and use the new Lucas 3 devices our EMS units have been getting, and then boom, first time using said Lucas later same day...
(We had a call last week where we were gonna use it but the patient was to thin to fit the machine)

PotatoMedic

I'm sorry to hear that.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'm sorry to hear that.
Me too. As a paramedic, when a parent goes to a SNF, you already know what's going to happen. That makes it worse.

My mom has advanced dementia and gas been at a nursing home for the past couple of years. She has no idea who I am or where she is. I know she was scared when the EMS crew showed up. And I know how crummy some EMS people are when they go to pick up a patient at a nursing home. And I know how crummy the staff iss when EMS shows up.

Just thinking about how the entire interaction might have gone is making my head hurt.

This whole thing is just awful.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Been a hot minute since I saw narcan work its magic (we don't get much opioid ODs in my little corner of the world, but we got one last night). Layed out, no radials but a good carotid, take one look and be like "yup grab the BVM" type unresponsive patient. No gag reflex to the OPA, sure enough pinpoint pupils. EMS gets there, give the IN shot, nothing, the Medic Intern is all excited breaking out intubation kit when they give more IV... sure enough the patient suddenly wakes up and is talking to us...
(Intern couldn't hide the disappointment in not getting a tube lol)

But our EMS crew was able to confirm the cardiac arrest we had earlier that day, the one we used the Lucas? Hospital got ROSC, said he was having a STEMI

They also said the 7 month pregnant patient we had even earlier, who was complaining of abdominal pain and thought it was IBS related, that she was really 8 months... and was actually having contractions and gave birth right after they got her to the hospital...

All in all a pretty interesting shift yesterday.

Last edited:

PotatoMedic

I got to cardiovert someone for the first time in forever.

PotatoMedic

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Wish we could say its all over now. Of course now we go into the hissy fit court ordered recount stage, I'd almost rather just have the dang EC make its vote already, then it'll be official.

But otherwise, people apparently forgot how to drive, we had two seperate roll over auto accidents last night on the freeway behind our station..

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Had to delete tapatalk because of some issues, went to reinstall and it was gone from the playstore.

They finally put it back up.

PotatoMedic

Haven't cardioverted anyone in years. Do it twice in a rotation. (Successfully too!)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I got three calls this week from local agency leaders asking me if I was interested in a per diem position. I don’t know if I should be flattered or concerned that it’s “let’s make nice with the regional council guy”.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I got three calls this week from local agency leaders asking me if I was interested in a per diem position. I don’t know if I should be flattered or concerned that it’s “let’s make nice with the regional council guy”.
Sounds like quite the conflicting interests, or at least it would be in my neck of the woods.