the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
When I'm in a spot to be able to put in the work needed, you bet. I just can't prioritize it right now. :(
While I may not be a fan of fire based EMS, having your medic will at least open doors for you if fire is a goal of yours.

CALEMT

While I may not be a fan of fire based EMS, having your medic will at least open doors for you if fire is a goal of yours.

As long as you have a respect and a passion for both you're a-ok in my book. If you got the card just for the job, you're a douche.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
As long as you have a respect and a passion for both you're a-ok in my book. If you got the card just for the job, you're a douche.

Fire has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. It's been on the list for a long time. Fire is both beautiful abs mesmerizing as it is dangerous and destructive. Respect it.

Always wanted to run into burning buildings to put out fires and pull people out.

Seems pretty... basic and stereotypical. But I'm genuinely cliché I guess

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Eh, I hardly perform paramedic “interventions” anymore.

Also, it’s so close and can taste the WS ring. TB is grinding it out though.

CALEMT

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Eh, I hardly perform paramedic “interventions” anymore.

Also, it’s so close and can taste the WS ring. TB is grinding it out though.
I'm really torn on this one. I think we could have easily beaten the Rays, I kind of want them to beat LA because of the obvious. On the other hand I want LA to win so maybe they'll go away.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I just throw band-aids at people and yell feel better.
I kinda feel like I'm back in LA, I take vitals, set up IV bag, 12 lead etc, Basic Lifting Services pt into gurney... then I get back in the engine and go back to station while the medics actually get in the ambulance to do medic stuff, and unlike LA I'm not getting paid min wage 😁

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I’ve been working at home for the last few weeks and while I miss patient care, I really like getting up 15 minutes before I have to go to work, grabbing coffee and sitting down in my home office.

it’s so nice not being exhausted at the end of the day. When my daughter cane upstairs tonight and said, “dad, want to watch the new Olaf movie” I put down my stuff and work was done.

It’s the just the best.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Aloha people of the EMTLIFE. :) I hope everybody is well!
You know this isn't an IT form right? Kidding you are always welcome here. Hope you and any family are doing well!

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Intubation practice today 😩

Why don't those freaks invent a right handed laryngoscope?

My left palm is kinda sore and these mannequins are tough.

But after about 25 minutes I was able to figure it out. They said it's easier IRL. I hope so.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I had a very nice time taking my toddler niblings on a wagon ride to the park today and then after I returned them I had a nice walk back to the park to locate various articles of winter wear that had vanished during the trip.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Medics should know how to intubate, but that doesnt mean we should let them. At least not all of them.
With the exception of a few systems who have active and proper training, education, and frequency with it, I’d have to respectfully disagree.

Also, I don’t want to go down the airway soap box rabbit hole direction on this thread.

Start a new one, or bump one of the dozens that I’m sure are on here already would be our best bet.