the 100% directionless thread

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
The spawn of satan himself... we have them out here, I kill those mofos like cobra kai... no mercy.
It's not hot enough for the really big ones to come out yet. We're not too far from you guys. Strike hard, strike first.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
It's not hot enough for the really big ones to come out yet. We're not too far from you guys. Strike hard, strike first.

I don't even give them a nudge, just straight up zombie land rule #2: double tap

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Looks and sounds like a decently serious fall. Not a good look for the police in this, nothing says “jackbooted thug” quite like cracking an old man’s head off the sidewalk and brushing it off.
Medically it sounds like a bad fall, suspected skull fracture and maybe a brain bleed. The unconsciousness is no bueno and the other video shows clear ear bleeding. High mortality.

Attachments

• FDA5A95C-649D-4470-AC3D-8CD38E531309.png
    FDA5A95C-649D-4470-AC3D-8CD38E531309.png
    393.4 KB · Views: 116

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
We had a heated situation at the protest yesterday, but a young black woman kept all the protestors in line; I thought it was pretty cool to see her stepping up and leading.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
~2100, winding down, taking showers, getting ready to go to bed, a call comes in, fronting the local Wendy's.

As we're getting on the truck, Capt was like "F*k it, we're getting Frostys after this call". Show up, no patient, they apparently walked off, and then our dispatch calls us saying EMS Dispatch called them saying the same thing and we could cancel.

Wendy's dining room was closed, but staff was still around (I think the drive thru was still open), they were more than happy to make us some Frostys 🍦 😅

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
~2100, winding down, taking showers, getting ready to go to bed, a call comes in, fronting the local Wendy's.

As we're getting on the truck, Capt was like "F*k it, we're getting Frostys after this call". Show up, no patient, they apparently walked off, and then our dispatch calls us saying EMS Dispatch called them saying the same thing and we could cancel.

Wendy's dining room was closed, but staff was still around (I think the drive thru was still open), they were more than happy to make us some Frostys 🍦 😅

They aren't worth getting stabbed over. Hindsight 20/20

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Eh? Stabbed?

Yeah. It was more of a downward chopping. But is that the correct term still, is that even proper to stay you got "chopped"?

My sister wanted my frosty. My parents dropped off Wendy's and went on a date. My sister was bigger and older than me, probably had 50 lbs on me.

I didn't let her have it so I ran upstairs and got cornered on an old couch. She squeezed my hand until the frosty came of out of the cup and then became enraged it spilled.( she'd also crush small animals to death in my hand if I didn't let them go)

I ran downstairs and into the guest bathroom and braced the door. It barely held against her weight. But she wasn't done. She got the biggest knife in the block and popped the lock open and barreled in. She brought the knife down on me and I put up my elbow to protect my face.

I don't really remember it all. I was probably like 12-14. She left for some reason, maybe realized she shouldn't have done it.

My other sister called our parents that I was bleeding everywhere and they got mad that they were bothered, told us they weren't going to hurry home and if we called 911 we'd be in huge trouble. It bled a good amount.

The stabber was upset I was bleeding all over the floor, that I was making a bloody mess

When they got home late that evening they asked her why she did it. She cried and said she was angry. So, naturally, they understood

They told me I was fine and didn't need a dr and basically to rub some dirt it in.

Pretty sure there's nerve damage and I feel it sometimes.

Probably should have just let her have it.

Weird angle cause it's a weird spot and there's a keloid or something there.

Last edited:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Thats a crazy, and totally messed up story! They're def not worth getting stabbed over, but when theres no sharp instruments, they're plenty nice!

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Thats a crazy, and totally messed up story! They're def not worth getting stabbed over, but when theres no sharp instruments, they're plenty nice!

Yeah I have a lot of those. Both my elbows are scarred. Same stabber sister scarred my head twice. Once from slamming my head into a window still, once from hitting me in the head with a big metal body camera.

Curious minds want to know if that's why I am so weird.

With everything that's happened up to this point I've successfully made myself into an outlier in a good way. Mind over matter... who do you want to be, regardless of what happens to you?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I bought me and my EMT partner today large chocolate frosties and fries today. We didn't get stabbed.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
If I had no self control, I'd probably be an alcoholic. Found the best rum to either drink straight or mixed.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Well our new director is stepping down. 4 months after getting the position. Anyone want to come to Idaho? We need someone to bulldoze in and fix this place.