the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
When you’ve worked it, then you will understand. The question as to why was answered. Don’t want to get moved on? Then leave when told.

Next time you’re working on a patient, I’m hoping the crowd starts to tell YOU what to do and how to do it. But please, since LE is “BS“ In their methods, don’t call us anymore to help you. We wouldn’t want to cause you angst. I’m more than happy to let some EMS crew figure it out than risk getting reported for using approved and legal tactics to help them, because, you know, jack booted thugs and all that.
I think I would trust myself and most of my coworkers much more than you and your heavy handed tactics to de-escalate a tense situation. I can articulate points besides “you must listen to me because I am law enforcement,” which turns out works a lot better than threats of harm.

but also pretty amazing that you would insinuate you have no interest in attempting to do your job of protecting and serving, just because someone doesn’t agree with your view point.

Could you remind us again why you are here on an EMS board? What sort of information do you provide except not to question law enforcement? Do you have any information on medicine that you’d like to provide? Nearly every one of your posts in which EMS interacts with law enforcement includes a critique about how the crew was in the wrong. Could you substantiate that? Maybe provide some substantive evidence of your experience?

Also let’s remember that when the original video was posted of George Floyd’s killing your response was; “Where you there? Do you know what happened? Why?

Nope.”

I think we know what your views on holding law enforcement accountable are.

Can’t tell you how fortunate I feel to work with all different sorts of law enforcement that doesn’t share such views. They’re out there doing their best and your attitude makes their jobs harder.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I’m curious as to how @CCCSD thinks police who strike or otherwise harm non-violent protesters should be held accountable, or if there is accountability.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
When you’ve worked it, then you will understand. The question as to why was answered. Don’t want to get moved on? Then leave when told.
Sir,
I've worked it, and have been the last couple days at one of the most intimate levels, of planning responses, personally being under skepticism (and receiving defense from the very citizens that were peacefully protesting), and being on the front line. The entire purpose behind law enforcement is to uphold constitutional rights, and ensure safety. As other people have said, law enforcement reform IS needed, and to be honest, some of it would make the job easier. National standards for deadly force use, great! Now when individuals move from state to state, it doesn't change, and nobody has any excuse for not following that. Some suggestions by the protestors take it to the extreme in my honest opinion, but thats why talking matters. Standardized training, ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC, truthfully I always thought this, given I went through significantly(over 400 hours) more training then the very county sheriffs within my old (not there anymore) jurisdiction (NYSP).
Theres a HUGE difference between a lawful peaceful gathering(protest), an unlawful gathering (otherwise known as unlawful assembly), and a violent protest (aka riot). Any of these choices should NOT result in death of ANYBODY (barring medical emergencies/ extenuating circumstances). Police should, and will (under my control anyway) give, copious warnings, explaining why, but WILL NOT engage directly with unarmed peaceful citizens with force. If officers get bricks, frozen water, etc thrown at them, different story.
Do i agree that people should protest within curfew to aide law enforcement in finding violent individuals, yes. Do I think civilians should get pulled from their cars, and tased for not being home exactly by curfew, no. ESPECIALLY with dual hatting this response in conjunction with the COVID pandemic.

Bottom line from One LEO to another- every field has issues, ours included, status quo has never been tolerated in technology(did we say windows NT or XP was "good enough"), healthcare(ya'll are significantly smarter then i here, so fill in this blank for me people :) ) , or financial(Old style banking on internet explorer and no mobile deposits? Paper checks, no direct deposit). While the news isn't doing anybody any favors it is still needed at a fundamental level.
My personal 2 cents if any of you are commanding any response to these protests, take the politics out of it. be Apolitical.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Cops are being murdered, attacked, stores looted, businesses wrecked, livelihoods lost, Property destroyed, no issues with that though Eh?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Cops are being murdered, attacked, stores looted, businesses wrecked, livelihoods lost, Property destroyed, no issues with that though Eh?

Irrelevant to a peaceful protest.

A psych gets combative so what, we hit a pedi trauma pt for payback?

What kind of bacwards police hole did you crawl out of.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I’m curious as to how @CCCSD thinks police who strike or otherwise harm non-violent protesters should be held accountable, or if there is accountability.

Proven violations of law are held accountable, just like real life.

Ohhh. Forgot about that innocent until proven guilty part did you?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
giphy.gif

Had to wipe the dust off this one...

CALEMT

E2EC115A-F9AA-4099-9353-F4F7DE94BA88.jpeg

No context, picture is unrelated to the topic, and random AF.

Keep the directionless thread directionless.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Im worn out. Its been 88* here the last few days, ive mowed, planted and mulched the blackberries, cleaned gutters, repaired a roof leak, weeded the garden, painted the fake chimney cover, replaced the mailbox, replaced 4 screens, set 2 4x4s in concrete for my archery backstop, played with the kids, and started placing the landscaping blocks on the front flower bed.

Im ready to go back to work

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I bought a new duffle bag today.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I saved a life yesterday. About to unload a pt from the ambo and I hear a lady scream. My partner is in the back with the pt.

I turn and see a lizard on her car.

I ask her if she needs help. She doesn't speak English and backs up.

I ask again in Spanish and she says yes.

I catch the lizard safely and release it into the grass, he didn't want to go on the tree I put him next to.

She happily gets in her car and drives off.

Another person who could have died, but I was there. YWFMS.

CALEMT

I killed a scorpion in the station this morning.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Im worn out. Its been 88* here the last few days, ive mowed, planted and mulched the blackberries, cleaned gutters, repaired a roof leak, weeded the garden, painted the fake chimney cover, replaced the mailbox, replaced 4 screens, set 2 4x4s in concrete for my archery backstop, played with the kids, and started placing the landscaping blocks on the front flower bed.

Im ready to go back to work
Sure hope you’re off for Father’s Day, sounds like you’ve earned it, man.
4045AEBE-56DE-425C-BB86-E93CC4B39935.gif

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I didn't make it down to the state capitol, but I did join a little protest in our small city. We held signs by one of the busier streets in town. Cops drove by and waved every half hour or so. Going back again tomorrow.