the 100% directionless thread

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
That moment when we get dispatched to a cardiac arrest. Get to the nursing home and guy has a strong palpable carotid, breathing 10x/min, good measurable bp (it was high too)... and then EMS rolls in surprised to see us because they got dispatched non-emergency for a DOA pronouncement and the medic had to call to his partner "Hey, the patient is alive!"

That’s a documented Save. Pump them stats!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Why would they pass out?
Smell and visuals are the two biggest reasons.

Personally I think every EMT student should have to witness one post mortem as part if their training.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Smell and visuals are the two biggest reasons.

Personally I think every EMT student should have to witness one post mortem as part if their training.

Post = a place for you to park in your service area to wait for calls?

But you say post mortem so you mean a body.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The best thing to happen during covid is finally pulling the trigger on anti fog eye pro.
Second best. First was the initial “lull” some areas saw. Twas a nice break. Still. Hats off to those who’ve been pummeled.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Second best. First was the initial “lull” some areas saw. Twas a nice break. Still. Hats off to those who’ve been pummeled.
I guess I could amend to say that the actual best thing is not even seeing a covid patient up to this point.

Our state is seeing an uptick in cases and a decrease in vented covid patients. Weve skipped ahead to stage 3 of the reopening plan (yay the gym will soon be open). Over 80% of ICU beds in the state are open, and almost 90% of vents available.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Post = a place for you to park in your service area to wait for calls?

But you say post mortem so you mean a body.
Post also means after. For example, the patient complained of head pain post mechanical fall.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
The best thing to happen during covid is finally pulling the trigger on anti fog eye pro.

Dawn dish soap. Spread a thin layer on your eye pro. Let it dry and wipe it off.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So last shift we got slaughtered. Kinda. Maybe. 6 calls, but only 2 were before midnight (overnight calls included the not a DOA, and a guy who was feeling sick after being released from jail earlier. Who walked outa the house under his own power... with EMS right there (and at least 2 Cops, for reasons) we were busy wondering why an Engine got dispatched for such a "sick person" call.

This all capped off our Recruits last shift before scheduled station changes. He's going from this station where that's a relatively normal call volume (roughly middle of the pack in terms of station call volumes, tho normally a bit more spread out thru the day instead...)

His new station makes my former vacation station feel busy. He's literally going to the single slowest engine in the entire department, they barely average 150 calls a year. And they just had their yearly fire call last week lol (yeah, everyone else openly wonders why they assign Recruits to that station...)

Anyways, after work we may or may not have had a slightly illegal gathering at one of our FFs houses and consumed some amounts of alcoholic beverages and decidedly non diet friendly food as a send-off...

In completely, totally unrelated news, I feel like I have a hangover in the middle of the day for some strange unimaginable reason....

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I feel like I have a hangover in the middle of the day for some strange unimaginable reason....

This is a level of old man that I hope to never achieve.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Why do you have to be in school for FASFA to give you money? Why isn't there a contingent offer should you be accepted? It might not be affordable without FASFA or a loan.