the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
My partner got one. I'm not required to go. But I can. I doubt I'll be sent cause the driver is probably at fault? I dunno.

They haven't seen that before either though.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
My partner got one. I'm not required to go. But I can. I doubt I'll be sent cause the driver is probably at fault? I dunno.

They haven't seen that before either though.
Just a reminder not to go into any details on what happened...especially on a public forum.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I also wonder if there's anything else I could have done. In any driving situation as the shotgun passenger, what do you consider your responsibility? Assume good weather and road conditions, moderate but regular traffic. Not running hot

Clearing blind spots when merging and clearing intersections would be on the list.

A driver should be able to do pretty much everything else without extra accommodation, right?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We can lift a 600lb patient most days. Our stretcher maxes out at 650
With our heaviest crew configuration and 2 hours of fuel we can lift an additional 3kg from our base pad. So we make sure that crew configuration is not used and have been only carrying 1hr 30mins of fuel. Even after that our pilots still have to burn fuel if we have a patient who is over 200lbs.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I also wonder if there's anything else I could have done. In any driving situation as the shotgun passenger, what do you consider your responsibility? Assume good weather and road conditions, moderate but regular traffic. Not running hot.
Passenger’s roles and responsibilities: controlling the radio tunes to make sure the volume is always good and more importantly a good music selection. Other than that the second job is sleeping or relaxing. /s

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I think our heaviest crew configuration and 2 hours of fuel, we can take about 210 pounds. Typically with myself and my partner and 2 hours of fuel, were anywhere from 300-370 depending on the pilot.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Oof, I've got to lose weight to ride with you guys

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Tonight looks to be a Mel Brooks marathon:
Blazing Saddles
History of the World Part 1
Spaceballs

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Perks of being a city medic, particularly when the call is right in front of the trauma center, is that I can move to more equipped resources relatively quickly and easily. If I had been a county medic, I may have criced this kid.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I've been told a couple of times I'd be perfect for being a flight medic cause of my height and petite appearance (really not that light, people always way underestimate). I guess I'll tell them that during the interview whenever I get around applying, haha.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Tonight looks to be a Mel Brooks marathon:
Blazing Saddles
History of the World Part 1
Spaceballs
F19E4A6F-7547-4EBA-9EAD-D6679FF90FCA.gif

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I once passed out watching a nurse irrigate a leg wound.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I once passed out watching a nurse irrigate a leg wound.

Why exactly did you? And was it sudden or gradual? What causes that? Just a sudden drop in BP or ?

(Note, nothing has happened to me or anyone I know. It's just kind of stereotypical and wasn't sure how real it was)

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Oh I felt it coming. Was going to sit down but stuff was in the chair. Should have sat down. Oh well. Lights out!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That moment when we get dispatched to a cardiac arrest. Get to the nursing home and guy has a strong palpable carotid, breathing 10x/min, good measurable bp (it was high too)... and then EMS rolls in surprised to see us because they got dispatched non-emergency for a DOA pronouncement and the medic had to call to his partner "Hey, the patient is alive!"