the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Read your posts.

Ahhhh. Yeah. I forgot. Talking about calls or having feelings means you're unstable and falling apart. Thanks for the reminder and healthy ways to discuss calls. Your anachronistic stigmas are trying oh so hard to stick around.

Thanks to your insight I realize I'm beside myself with unfettered grief and repose. I should don all black and mope in the corner. How ever shall I go on? I should just quit EMS.

I never expected a hospice DNR patient or any other patient would die in my care. How could that possibly happen?

That's it. I'm calling in today. I'm not ready for this or my shift. Maybe it they gave me a happy meal I can be happy again.

🙄🙄

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Feel free to reread all your posts about how you complain about not fitting in, being persecuted, questioning everyone, then praying for getting a Covid pt because everyone else has them but you.

Lose the Martyr complex.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Feel free to reread all your posts about how you complain about not fitting in, being persecuted, questioning everyone, then praying for getting a Covid pt because everyone else has them but you.

Lose the Martyr complex.
Her posts are different than other new EMT's how?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The eShop has the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary on sale for $15. I know what I’ll be doing for the next few nights off...

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan

Lose the Martyr complex.

Martyr?

First it's I can't handle a patient's death.

Now it's being a Martyr?

I don't want to catch it. I just feel like everyone else is taking a burden I haven't touched. I wash the clinical experience even if it's not much. I just want to help.

I don't want to catch it, get sick, die.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Went and got blood drawn to see if I've been exposed to covid for giggles today. Should have the results by Friday.

(Local initiative to test as many people as possible. Damn near walk up but they do request scheduling, though the scheduling is more like a time block to show up in as it is just a tent outside and a line of people getting tested.)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Went and got blood drawn to see if I've been exposed to covid for giggles today. Should have the results by Friday.

(Local initiative to test as many people as possible. Damn near walk up but they do request scheduling, though the scheduling is more like a time block to show up in as it is just a tent outside and a line of people getting tested.)

I wish antibody testing was offered here. I’m curious.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
They're discouraging us going to go get antibody tests. They say there's a seriously high percentage of false positives (i guess the one available locally is known to give positive for any of the Corona strains even the common cold, not just COVID-19), and a positive antibody test is automatic 14 day quarantine, and they don't want half the FFs and EMTs and Medics on quarantine over that when we're otherwise asymptomatic.

At least thats what the Fire Chief is saying the Infectious Disease Control Doctor told him

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
They're discouraging us going to go get antibody tests. They say there's a seriously high percentage of false positives (i guess the one available locally is known to give positive for any of the Corona strains even the common cold, not just COVID-19), and a positive antibody test is automatic 14 day quarantine, and they don't want half the FFs and EMTs and Medics on quarantine over that when we're otherwise asymptomatic.

At least thats what the Fire Chief is saying the Infectious Disease Control Doctor told him
It depends on the test. Some of the antibody tests that are the point of care kind will be positive if you had any Corona virus. Also your department is funny for giving you a vacation for an antibody test that says you had a disease.

Oh well, to each their own.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well 14 days wouldn't be too bad, unless you like try work overtime.

Or you know, stressed as f*k "do I have Corona around my family?!" Waiting for the nasal swab to come back.

And yeah, the one private Doctors office that is doing the antibody tests specified is one of the "likely to say positive for any Coronavirus strain" and apparently is not FDA approved, but their doing them for anyone willing to part with money, so...

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Its been really fun flying so many scenes lately, now if I could just get a tube itll be a great month. My new partner wont intubate unless I ask him too so all the tubes are mine.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
20148451_28_600_598.jpg

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Had a psychiatry appointment today. We're going to try upping the fluoxetine to see if that helps with my low energy levels and if that doesn't work we're going to try PRN methylphenidate. Latuda is staying the same.

She did mention Vraylar though as being a stimulating option that we could try in place of Latuda, maybe I'll look into that.

Last edited:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Had a psychiatry appointment today. We're going to try upping the fluoxetine to see if that helps with my low energy levels and if that doesn't work we're going to try PRN methylphenidate. Latuda is staying the same.

She did mention Vraylar though as being a stimulating option that we could try in place of Latuda, maybe I'll look into that.

Good luck. Honestly. Finding the right medication is a long, challenging trial and error experience. Fluoxetine made me feel flat. Wellbutrin was a much better choice for me. Have you tried a GeneSite test to determine which might work best for you?