the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
For those of you with nomex uniforms.... anybody got any tips on getting tree sap out? Regular laundry and even the big, heavy duty PPE extractor at the station did nothing to remove the stuff.

I read online about using rubbing alcohol, but I don't wanna damage the fire resistant properties of my uniform

They have tree sap in Hawaii... or Oahu I should say.

I wouldn't think you'd have a problem with rubbing alcohol I mean I've cleaned my nomex pants with Sani-Wipes when I've gotten blood on them, plus *controversial statement* I don't wear my station pants under my bunker gear.

Edit: the extractor probably did more damage to the pants than rubbing alcohol would do... those thing while yes they do a good job at removing carcinogens and other crap, but they're also good at ****ing **** up too.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I wouldn't think you'd have a problem with rubbing alcohol I mean I've cleaned my nomex pants with Sani-Wipes
Yeah, true, I suppose I could try a small spot first, just wanted to check to see if anyone is like "Noooo!!! Dont do that!" First haha
I don't wear my station pants under my bunker gear.
Lol, only did that once or twice before I was like "too damn hot to do that".

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
They have tree sap in Hawaii... or Oahu I should say.

I wouldn't think you'd have a problem with rubbing alcohol I mean I've cleaned my nomex pants with Sani-Wipes when I've gotten blood on them, plus *controversial statement* I don't wear my station pants under my bunker gear.

Edit: the extractor probably did more damage to the pants than rubbing alcohol would do... those thing while yes they do a good job at removing carcinogens and other crap, but they're also good at ****ing **** up too.
Ewwww. Going commando under your bunker pants?

CALEMT

CALEMT

Yeah, true, I suppose I could try a small spot first, just wanted to check to see if anyone is like "Noooo!!! Dont do that!" First haha

Lol, only did that once or twice before I was like "too damn hot to do that".

I say just send it.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My Christmas 96 is over. Much happy to be home. We were busy on Christmas, got skunked two of the other days, and I left as a storm rolled in. Last shift with my partner who's off to P school too :/.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Wondering if there will be anything left of the fleet when I return to work on Tuesday? Snow and freezing rain today. Two trucks down so far due to crashes.

CALEMT

If LSU could quit beating up my Sooners that'd be great.

CALEMT

Yeh, um, they’re just too damn good. Oklahoma is not on their level.

Yeah I know, I was not expecting OU to beat LSU... still doesn't make it any easier.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
New couch, new fridge, and new duplex ftw. Officially halfway through my ride time so should be cleared by mid-January. Enjoying life

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Came to a job, there are a boy and a girl, about 9 or 10, playing outside by the door.

Me: Go tell Mommy that I’m here.
Kids: Oh, we don’t live here.
Me: What are you doing then, robbing the place ?
Kids: Nooo, we came to see a friend...

The boy proceeds telling the story of their lives.

Me: So basically, you’re robbing the place.
Boy: NOOOOOOO !
Me: It’s ok, I won’t tell anyone if you cut me in.

The boy goes on yet another tirade about blah-blah-blah, but the girl seems intrigued. I can see the cognitive gears starting to turn. Thankfully, the client came out just in time to interrupt the criminal master plan.

Now I feel like I created a monster [emoji2361]

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang, Kauai has had their first traffic fatality of the New Year already. A motorcyclist was trying to overtake an ambulance responding to a call, and when the ambulance made a left turn, motorcyclist broadsided the unit :(

Story hasn't confirmed if the unit was responding lights and sirens, but AMR is the sole provider on that island.

Thats the most ironic thing ive ever heard