the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Had a pretty good call yesterday for the first time in a while. 2 patients flown from the scene due to burns and another 3 ground transported. One was 90% with the airship doing a surgical cric and escharotomy on the side of the freeway.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Yeah, as stated previously the outcome was determined before we even got there. It still sucks to lose a young patient. I found out that the patient and I had mutual friends, small world.

It happens

RocketMedic

Had a pretty good call yesterday for the first time in a while. 2 patients flown from the scene due to burns and another 3 ground transported. One was 90% with the airship doing a surgical cric and escharotomy on the side of the freeway.
Ketamine is excellent for pain management on burns....or RSI

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ouch...what happened?
Traffic on the freeway was at a dead stop due to a standoff with CHP. A semi driver didn’t see the traffic at a stop and plowed into it at speed (around 70mph). Created a massive fire that spread to some desert brush.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Finally gave special K. Eliminated 10/10 pain.

mct601

RN/NRP
Stopping by to say hello. Came by the forum to hunt down study material recommendation. Its weird/cool to come back here. Joined as an emt student trying to get exposure and figure out what I was getting into... now I'm a flight paramedic and most recently, an ICU nurse.

Eir

Forum Probie
Finally taking my NREMT-B computer/written exam tomorrow. I know I've prepared as well as I could, but am irrationally anxious about it.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Stopping by to say hello. Came by the forum to hunt down study material recommendation. Its weird/cool to come back here. Joined as an emt student trying to get exposure and figure out what I was getting into... now I'm a flight paramedic and most recently, an ICU nurse.
Welcome back. Tell your friends about us.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
So it's May, and there's the chance of a tropical storm this weekend. Great.

Listen Mother Nature, I'm trying to move and get settled in. I can't do that if I'm down in the EOC.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
So it's May, and there's the chance of a tropical storm this weekend. Great.

Listen Mother Nature, I'm trying to move and get settled in. I can't do that if I'm down in the EOC.
Mother Nature will not listen. I just bought a house myself and am getting ready to move in and it's rained a bit most every day so far.

RocketMedic

@CALEMT Ketamine is amazing, isn't it?

$765 for oil, inspection, and four new tires for Red Sparrow (2015 red Ford Focus hatch). Yey....go overtime shifts I suppose

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
City EMS can be fun a lot of times, but damn do I hate some of these people I come across. Where's my WWII vet blood pressure check call when I need it?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
City EMS can be fun a lot of times, but damn do I hate some of these people I come across. Where's my WWII vet blood pressure check call when I need it?
Coming from an ambulance that routinely posted 10+ runs in a 24hr shift....I may get bored out of my mind on an engine that sometimes only gets 1 or 2 calls in a 3 day cycle, but I don't not love the whole "sleep thru the night" thing we got going on here lol!

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Coming from an ambulance that routinely posted 10+ runs in a 24hr shift....I may get bored out of my mind on an engine that sometimes only gets 1 or 2 calls in a 3 day cycle, but I don't not love the whole "sleep thru the night" thing we got going on here lol!
I don't mind being busy since I only do 12's, I prefer it actually. I would definitely appreciate the low volume on a 24 though.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I may get bored out of my mind on an engine that sometimes only gets 1 or 2 calls in a 3 day cycle,

You think thats bad try 1 call every other week on a 72/96... I remember getting forced for 14 days straight at a station and only running 3 calls in a 14 day period... then an additional 10 out of county covering a station and only ran 2 calls in those 10 days.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
End of an era, our last slant side Braun has been retired to the boneyard.
Once upon a time I pulled many a shift in a slant side... naturally aspirated diesel. Very, very reliable but oh so slow... and positively anemic at high altitude.