the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
IMG_0327.PNG

Spending my Saturday morning watching my 6 year old smoke the other two kids in her swimming lessons group.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Time to start the first half of today's two a day. Feels shameful neither one of them is legs.

I did an awesome leg workout the other day. Did a 3 cycles of a circuit of squats (185# x10), deadlifts (205# x10), lunges (115# x10), wall ball squats (20# x10) and rowing (60 seconds) then ended with some abs. Only took about half an hour, if that, and I my legs were cooked by the end of it.

Only issue was it interrupted my scheduled runs to get ready for the TEMS test. Gotta get a good run in tomorrow to make up for it. I never have motivation issues when it comes to the gym or riding a stationary bike but running is my nemesis. @VentMonkey and @STXmedic have hooked me up with some good running programs though to get my 1.5 mile time respectable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
About to go watch the annual charity boxing between cops and firefighters. I marked out of service for the FD and will actually enjoy beer for the first time in a year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I did an awesome leg workout the other day. Did a 3 cycles of a circuit of squats (185# x10), deadlifts (205# x10), lunges (115# x10), wall ball squats (20# x10) and rowing (60 seconds) then ended with some abs. Only took about half an hour, if that, and I my legs were cooked by the end of it.

Only issue was it interrupted my scheduled runs to get ready for the TEMS test. Gotta get a good run in tomorrow to make up for it. I never have motivation issues when it comes to the gym or riding a stationary bike but running is my nemesis. @VentMonkey and @STXmedic have hooked me up with some good running programs though to get my 1.5 mile time respectable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started working out with a trainer and we did leg stuff on Wednesday and I'm still hurting today. That's no bueno

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
@Handsome Robb That sounds like a great before work set up, might have to try something like that one of these days when time is short.Try a stationary bike with the resistance set high after your lifts some day and go until you cant anymore. It will murder you.

They would be the ones to ask, I cringe when @VentMonkey talks about his 8 mile runs. The short route I do with my roommate is 1.5 miles and I've learned that hills make running better, there is nowhere flat to run here...once we get to the flat part on the last .6mi stretch, we can usually pick up the pace real good. It just feels so much easier once you get to the straight away after a mile of hills

@NomadicMedic It is much bueno. Embrace the soreness. It gets easier. :D

Last edited:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
@NomadicMedic Didn't you used to do some kind of competitive cycling?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I went tubing in New Braunfels yesterday, walked the dogs a mile and a half today, and discovered Goodsen's Cafe in Tomball, TX. I have literally gained weight.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Lol I spent the better part of 12 hours at Stuttgarden here over the past two days due to them having specialty beers... I think I gained weight just with the food. Not to mention the eheavy beers. I know your pain lol

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

shelvpower

Forum Crew Member
I guess my night shift can't get any worse. Drove over a concrete block on the highway while responding to a mass casualty incident. Both rims on the left side of the rapid response vehicle (VW Golf 7) is FUBAR, as well as the vehicle's suspension.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
@DesertMedic66 is literally killing people out here.
Makes you realize how no one is immune from dying. Doesn't matter the age, gender, career, or any of that also, don't do drugs.

Calling family and talking to them sure did suck.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Had to break out the back up uniform pants and the extra boots thanks to a one car MVC into the woods/swamp.

Georgia swamp mud stinks.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
After much drunken discussion about actually boxing next year, weve decided that we will restart our departments firefighter combat challenge team. Im much more ok with that then I am boxing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Brother Thelonius: you sir, have yet to disappoint me.