the 100% directionless thread

nightmoves123

Forum Crew Member
One of three things may happen in the near future with one of them being something I said I would never do. PA school, Medical school, or moving to Texas.

Do the move to Texas one, much cheaper than the other 2 options lol

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
Texas had much to offer. Anything from beaches...Gulf Coast, to mountains...West Texas, to forests..East Texas, to sub-tropic areas...Rio Grande Valley, major cities...DFW/Houston/San Antonio/Austin, to prairies...Panhandle. No state income tax and a host of opportunities along with a gun friendly atmosphere.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Texas had much to offer. Anything from beaches...Gulf Coast, to mountains...West Texas, to forests..East Texas, to sub-tropic areas...Rio Grande Valley, major cities...DFW/Houston/San Antonio/Austin, to prairies...Panhandle. No state income tax and a host of opportunities along with a gun friendly atmosphere.

Wow. That makes me want to move there!

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
But... But Central Skagit Medic One is hiring!
I know. My application is going to get mailed in on Monday. Whidbey is also hiring and I am hoping to get a call to interview and test with them again.

PotatoMedic

Put an application in. What is the worst that could happen besides costing you postage.

PotatoMedic

If it's 6 or 7000 feet high, yep, that's a mountain. No 14er's but they are definitely not just hills.
you might get a nose bleed at that height! :p

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I have a friend at Skagit. I was thinking about applying. I'd love to move back.

I don't know anything about Skagit, but I absolutely love western WA. I have a good friend who works at the naval hospital in Bremerton. He's leaving the Navy next year and keeps bugging me to come out there and start a small anesthesia group with him and a couple other CRNA's he knows out there. I probably would if I didn't just start a new job in NC that I am really happy with so far. If he's still in WA in a handful of years when I'm ready for a change again, I might very well end up out there.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My wife loves her practice here in GA and not ever having to shovel snow is a huge plus... But this doesn't feel like home to me. WA always did. The mountains and the ocean have an inexorable pull.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
That's why I only said ok. This time of year it's brutal. I will never like it here in the summer. Talk about getting cabin fever!
Yeah, it really sucks- I have albanism so I can't enjoy alot of places like that. Where I live is only sunny for like 90 days of the year so I survive here but it still puts a limit on my outdoor activities.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
That's why I only said ok. This time of year it's brutal. I will never like it here in the summer. Talk about getting cabin fever!

I can empathize with that, it gets real warm down here on the west side of the Big Bend in Texas. And forget that, "It's a dry heat" foolishness, when it's 110 degrees it is hot. It's even worse if the humidity climbs all the way into the 20s.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I can empathize with that, it gets real warm down here on the west side of the Big Bend in Texas. And forget that, "It's a dry heat" foolishness, when it's 110 degrees it is hot. It's even worse if the humidity climbs all the way into the 20s.

101 with 60% here