the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I heard the rumor about it awhile back, didn't know it was actually going to happen.
Yeah. There are going to be a lot of changes soon. All mods for ambulances, county wide EPCR system, all services using the same monitors, the TXA trial study, and possibly some more trial studies.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Possibly the prettiest whip in all of AMR's fleet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 271

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Started my new shift bid today. Officially station based and can only be pulled into the system if they're holding calls otherwise we stay in our little pocket. Ran 2 calls, one of which we were cancelled off of on scene by the ALS FD that covers my primary area, in 12 hours today which is absurd, haven't run less than 7-8 in a 12 in the 8 months I've been back from my shoulder surgery. The other call I was kinda crotchety about. We were going priority 2 for a working structure fire with two homes involved and got diverted to a "breathing problem" that was a panic attack who fudged their symptoms when they were talking to the call taker "so it didn't take as long as last time." Only reason they could divert us was because there were no confirmed patients at the fire. Needless to say I was more than a little irked, especially since in all my time here I've never seen a working fire. The few I've been on were always knocked down before we arrived so we just sat around while they did overhaul then cleared.

The station is awesome, not quite fire station status but it's brand new, each get a bedroom, a TV room, computer room, two bathrooms and potentially a workout room when they get everything sorted out. Only thing we don't have is a stove/oven and a garage. Our unit we have now isn't the greatest but we're getting a brand new one at the end of the month once it's delivered and certified by the state EMS Office. Hopefully after this bid once our staffing issues are fixed we'll be moving to 24s too. Either 24/48 or a kelly schedule which sounds more likely. To add even more good stuff once I move into my new house on 7/1 my commute will only be 10 minutes rather than 40 to our main station where we go to grab gear and then are sent out to hold down street corners.

Also, our primary coverage area tends to generate calls that are, for the most part, true emergencies or at the very least truly sick people. Also we cover a stretch of highway that generate lots of severe traffic accidents, usually at least one or two fatals each year, and are the closest unit to the area "party lake" that ends up having boating and OHV accidents, SARs and other fun stuff like that.

Also realized today that I'm on track to pull down somewhere between 60-65k this year. Which is about 10k more than my base salary so I'm really not having to work ungodly amounts of OT to make it happen. Only complaint I have is I must've bumped up a federal tax bracket because my withholdings out of my checks have increased dramatically

But wait, there's more! Was told that after some shuffling of some personnel and PRN supes who aren't active in the roll let alone in the field that they're hopefully going to promote me into one of the open spots within the next 3-6 months. Also, TEMS testing season is rapidly approaching, they usually test in the late summer-early winter. Hopefully the third time is the charm.

The new house is almost finished, can't wait to move into it. Unfortunately it's a rental, not in a position to buy yet but hopefully this time next year. Upside is its brand new and we'll be the first to live in it. One year anniversary of me and the lady is coming up at the end of the month, she got me a super nice BBQ that has a gas side and a charcoal side which I can buy an attachment for to turn it into a smoker as well and I bought her a Glock 43.

All in all I've had a few let downs recently between messing up my Fire interview and getting skipped over (was 4/25 and they hired 1-3 and 5-9) and originally not getting a PRN supe spot being beat out by a medic who's 5 years younger and has less than a year of experience but things really aren't bad at all and in all reality are actually going great. I'm 1 on the list for that FD who's supposed to hired again within the next 12 months and another area FD is going ALS and is going to test in September. Things are falling into place more than I think. Only things that in worried about are my cervical epidural next week and then waiting on my MRA (MRI with arthrogram) results from my surgically repaired shoulder as they think I may have torn it again. Good news is if I do need surgery again it'll be elective so I can pick when it'll happen and I will be out for half the time or less than I was last time but hopefully won't need it at all.

Alright, I'm done bragging and rambling. Sorry for the long post. Originally was just going to post about the new station but started writing out all the fantastic stuff on my mind and it put me into a great mood and made me realize how good I actually have it.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Started my new shift bid today. Officially station based and can only be pulled into the system if they're holding calls otherwise we stay in our little pocket. Ran 2 calls, one of which we were cancelled off of on scene by the ALS FD that covers my primary area, in 12 hours today which is absurd, haven't run less than 7-8 in a 12 in the 8 months I've been back from my shoulder surgery. The other call I was kinda crotchety about. We were going priority 2 for a working structure fire with two homes involved and got diverted to a "breathing problem" that was a panic attack who fudged their symptoms when they were talking to the call taker "so it didn't take as long as last time." Only reason they could divert us was because there were no confirmed patients at the fire. Needless to say I was more than a little irked, especially since in all my time here I've never seen a working fire. The few I've been on were always knocked down before we arrived so we just sat around while they did overhaul then cleared.

The station is awesome, not quite fire station status but it's brand new, each get a bedroom, a TV room, computer room, two bathrooms and potentially a workout room when they get everything sorted out. Only thing we don't have is a stove/oven and a garage. Our unit we have now isn't the greatest but we're getting a brand new one at the end of the month once it's delivered and certified by the state EMS Office. Hopefully after this bid once our staffing issues are fixed we'll be moving to 24s too. Either 24/48 or a kelly schedule which sounds more likely. To add even more good stuff once I move into my new house on 7/1 my commute will only be 10 minutes rather than 40 to our main station where we go to grab gear and then are sent out to hold down street corners.

Also, our primary coverage area tends to generate calls that are, for the most part, true emergencies or at the very least truly sick people. Also we cover a stretch of highway that generate lots of severe traffic accidents, usually at least one or two fatals each year, and are the closest unit to the area "party lake" that ends up having boating and OHV accidents, SARs and other fun stuff like that.

Also realized today that I'm on track to pull down somewhere between 60-65k this year. Which is about 10k more than my base salary so I'm really not having to work ungodly amounts of OT to make it happen. Only complaint I have is I must've bumped up a federal tax bracket because my withholdings out of my checks have increased dramatically

But wait, there's more! Was told that after some shuffling of some personnel and PRN supes who aren't active in the roll let alone in the field that they're hopefully going to promote me into one of the open spots within the next 3-6 months. Also, TEMS testing season is rapidly approaching, they usually test in the late summer-early winter. Hopefully the third time is the charm.

The new house is almost finished, can't wait to move into it. Unfortunately it's a rental, not in a position to buy yet but hopefully this time next year. Upside is its brand new and we'll be the first to live in it. One year anniversary of me and the lady is coming up at the end of the month, she got me a super nice BBQ that has a gas side and a charcoal side which I can buy an attachment for to turn it into a smoker as well and I bought her a Glock 43.

All in all I've had a few let downs recently between messing up my Fire interview and getting skipped over (was 4/25 and they hired 1-3 and 5-9) and originally not getting a PRN supe spot being beat out by a medic who's 5 years younger and has less than a year of experience but things really aren't bad at all and in all reality are actually going great. I'm 1 on the list for that FD who's supposed to hired again within the next 12 months and another area FD is going ALS and is going to test in September. Things are falling into place more than I think. Only things that in worried about are my cervical epidural next week and then waiting on my MRA (MRI with arthrogram) results from my surgically repaired shoulder as they think I may have torn it again. Good news is if I do need surgery again it'll be elective so I can pick when it'll happen and I will be out for half the time or less than I was last time but hopefully won't need it at all.

Alright, I'm done bragging and rambling. Sorry for the long post. Originally was just going to post about the new station but started writing out all the fantastic stuff on my mind and it put me into a great mood and made me realize how good I actually have it.

So life's good is what I'm gathering.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Is that armored, or just tacti-cool black? We've got our eyes on one of the new Lenco MedEvacs if we can score a grant for it.
Just the flat black paint job. No reason for it to be armored.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Yeah!!!! I have my M# from the NREMT!!!!! Im officially an NRP!

Now I just need to wait till next week when I get my paper card and I can start getting state licensed.

Anjel

Forum Angel

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I work in
Yes. Many. As soon you as you get out of downtown Boulder it's just regular Colorado.

Meanwhile the east coast is well, the east coast. Massachusetts anyone? (Proud expat here).
I work in DTB.
And our county jurisdiction covers nederlands and ward.... If that tells you anything. Lol

If Boulder isn't "boulder" enough, you go to nederlands.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
One of o
I'd be willing to bet San Fran at least ties Boulder for that honor
One of our trucks got both side mirrors beat off ( I'm assuming with a bat or stick) while in Safeway because our rigs are "killing the earth".

-_-

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Yes. Many. As soon you as you get out of downtown Boulder it's just regular Colorado.

Meanwhile the east coast is well, the east coast. Massachusetts anyone? (Proud expat here).
I have family in Boston.. They don't seem to be near as...boulder...as boulder.