the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
This paramedic thing is really taking it's toll on my reading and nap time at work.
implied-facepalm-300x195.jpg

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Yeah for being run into the ground... Oi am I tired.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Well :censored::censored::censored::censored:... One of my favorite EMS educators and mentors passed away today. I haven't talked to the man in a few years, but he, without a doubt, has helped make me into the arrogant prick I have become.
Edit : and seeing my Facebook news feed showing profile pictures popping up of mourning banded stars of life from here and all over the country makes it even harder.

Last edited by a moderator:

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Bought a gun safe. Hauled it in the rain. Dropped it on my foot.

Im over this day

Hey! We have something in common... I dropped my bike on my foot two nights ago parking......................
Yep, already dropped her. And yep, I'm still limping.

And damn, Transport, sorry to hear that man...

Rin

Forum Captain
I loaded a 200# patient the other day, a personal best for me. Not long ago, I struggled with 140#. Getting stronger every day, still further to go. I will get there.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I loaded a 200# patient the other day, a personal best for me. Not long ago, I struggled with 140#. Getting stronger every day, still further to go. I will get there.

Just don't try to prove yourself and end up hurting yourself or the patient.

Rin

Forum Captain
I only try new weights when conditions are good (patient AND weather), and the moment I can feel I'm not going to be able to get it high enough, I set it back down & trade places. I've usually lifted the patient once by that point, so I have an inkling of how difficult they were to lift.

I'm probably one of the most cautious people you'll ever meet. I do have pride in that I want to pull my own weight, but I never put pride before safety (no matter how much it hurts lol).

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Can't sleep.... :/

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

JPINFV

Gadfly
My school wants to have a "twitter selfie campaign" for graduation. Sure... I think I can whip something up. Unfortunately, the motar board doesn't like my ears.

Bnwrx5DIcAAHKcx.jpg

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Greenwood Chicken BBQ today. Single greatest part of living in Delaware.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Greenwood Chicken BBQ today. Single greatest part of living in Delaware.

Agreed. Best part of getting up in the morning on the weekend is smelling that smoke. Always get extra sauce.

they sell it in pints and gallons, too. Bring some home and have a DIY Greenwood chicken experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

SSwain

Forum Captain
After further review.... I have decided to keep my license. I completed my refresher, and am good for another two years.

The spondylolisthesis that I am currently suffering is being held in check with a combination core strengthening and massive physical therapy.

I have been on limited duty and limited shifts since my injury in January.
Coupled with a bulging disc in the L4/L5 for which I am getting cortical steroid injections on the 27th.

I never realized my back was that messed up. But I suppose, 6 years of motocross, skateboarding, downhill skiing, high school football, soccer and various other abusive physical activities in my youth, probably did more to my back than I ever would have realized.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hey Delaware peoples, are there any rotor wing flight services within a couple hour drive of y'all that does a mix of transfers and scene calls?