the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Currently it is 5 with a windchill of -17. Gale weather warnings and some snow.

EVERYTHING is closed. It is quite ridiculous.

You'd think that you're people would be used to all that by now.

It's -4 here and bluebird. The volunteer firefighters next door are out doing wildland fire training. Yes there is snow on the ground, but that doesn't seem to be stopping them.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Just got home from another awesome kettle bell workout with my personal trainer! I'm down another 2 pounds, for a total of 42 pounds lost so far. I'm only 14 away from being halfway to my goal weight!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
This year is getting :censored::censored::censored::censored:tier and :censored::censored::censored::censored:tier... my dad was admitted to the VA hospital for chest pain... looks like a 4 vessel CABG is in his future in the next day or twp

Epi-do

I see dead people
This year is getting :censored::censored::censored::censored:tier and :censored::censored::censored::censored:tier... my dad was admitted to the VA hospital for chest pain... looks like a 4 vessel CABG is in his future in the next day or twp

Oh no! Thoughts and prayers going out to you, your dad, and the rest of your family. I hope he has an uneventful surgery and a quick recovery!

SSwain

Forum Captain
Yet another weekend w/o being on the rig.
I get to have an MRI next week. Back is still messed up.
Dr prescribed me some cyclobenzaprine for the spasms I have been having.

Vicodin and cyclobenzaprine.....best sleep aids money can buy.;)

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Does anybody ever actually use the chat? I opened it up last night and left it open when I went to bed, and there was NO other activity logged.

There used to be a rather large group of us but a lot left and it doesn't work on the phone or iPad.

I thought the same thing, I would stop in and no one is present. I got plenty of free time at night sometimes. could be a good time.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
on another note if any of you guys are following the road to the super bowl.

I am at the point of wishing for one thing.

That Richard Sherman gets so torched by Peyton Manning he looks like a fool I'm sorry for you Seahawk Fans but this guy is ridiculous.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
How far are you into your program? I didn't take ACLS till I did cardiology..

Just finished week 2. Our program is set up differently. We have already been introduced to all of the subjects (Theory, Intro, Cardio, Skills, and Pharm). When we go over the cardiac system in theory we also go over it in Cardio and have Pharm that deals with medications that effect the heart.

We finish all subjects around the same week. It's not your normal cardio for a couple of weeks and then get tested on it then you move to pharm.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
If I fill up my inbox, does that mean I can't receive any infractions? :D

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
No, but I did miss the opportunity to do so in a bar last nite, which might partially account for the way I feel today.

Ah, I read your first post wrong. I'd feel slightly depressed after missing said opportunity, also :(

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Just finished week 2. Our program is set up differently. We have already been introduced to all of the subjects (Theory, Intro, Cardio, Skills, and Pharm). When we go over the cardiac system in theory we also go over it in Cardio and have Pharm that deals with medications that effect the heart.

We finish all subjects around the same week. It's not your normal cardio for a couple of weeks and then get tested on it then you move to pharm.

Ahh I c. My program is a little different.

We started with the Intro, History, Medical Legal Documentation Aspects A&P. Pharm the whole Pharm. section.

Then it was bread and butter skills. Assessments and & Airway management, IV therapy medications and routes.

now we have trauma and ITLS, Then its ACLS and Cardiology, Medical, PEDS and PALS. Then a month of NREMT Prep. My program is a little bit longer but it works in hand with a Associates Degree Its nice because instead of the typical 11 months of bunched up material.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
You have up to $15k to spend on a car that gets decent gas mileage that will haul up to four people, each with one suitcase, comfortably for a 100 mile drive once a week. What do you buy?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Hey all you quit *****ing and send the snow this way.

Actually strike that. It's selfish as hell but it makes me laugh everytime I think about how I'm so bummed I can't ride then I realize that neither can anyone else because there's no snow!!! :rofl:

Yay for 16% of the annual snowpack.

8uteheny.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You have up to $15k to spend on a car that gets decent gas mileage that will haul up to four people, each with one suitcase, comfortably for a 100 mile drive once a week. What do you buy?

One of the Kia SUVs.

Talk crap all you want but for the price they're a lot of car and are reliable.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hey all you quit *****ing and send the snow this way.

Actually strike that. It's selfish as hell but it makes me laugh everytime I think about how I'm so bummed I can't ride then I realize that neither can anyone else because there's no snow!!! :rofl:

Yay for 16% of the annual snowpack.

8uteheny.jpg

I'll make sure to send any snow we get up your way