the 100% directionless thread

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

SSwain

Forum Captain
November is National Beard Month...

How many of y'all (Ladies excluded) grow a beard for November?
How many of your dress codes prohibit having them?

I know a lot of the Fire/EMS guys can't due to mask seal issues.

Just curious.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
November is National Beard Month...

How many of y'all (Ladies excluded) grow a beard for November?
How many of your dress codes prohibit having them?

I know a lot of the Fire/EMS guys can't due to mask seal issues.

Just curious.

My VFD and AMR operation have strict facial hair policies for the sake of respiratory protection, so the only facial hair that's acceptable is a mustache.

I thought about doing "Movember"... But I look kinda creepy with just a mustache (not even mirror universe creepy, more like "free candy" creepy).

So I'm sitting this one out. Plus, I already did my month of attention-seeking for male specific cancers this year.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I am giving Movember a go this year. I usually have a goatee but am going with a beard this month.

To get back off topic. Back to work after 2 weeks off and it sucks. Just did my first flight and my head feels like it is going to explode. I hate flying with a head cold.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Movember isn't really popular around here. More employees do Stachtober.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I do miss brown... always brought me back to my Dr Seuss days... and educational!!! Sasha has not poked her head around in a while...

Brown, no. Just... No. Don't even ask.:ph34r:

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Brown, no. Just... No. Don't even ask.:ph34r:

I know not everyone like him... but I found the third person amusing. And he did have some good points.

I was going to do movember... but the wife protested...

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Brown spoke in fourth person, as Brown was being referred to as Brown by Brown, when Brown was actually a fictitious pseudonym for Brown's creator.

Or something like that....

Brown.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Brown spoke in fourth person, as Brown was being referred to as Brown by Brown, when Brown was actually a fictitious pseudonym for Brown's creator.

Or something like that....

Brown.

Ahhh... I was never good at remembering what I learned in English class.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

IslandTime

Forum Crew Member
I where a goatee year round. Strictly speaking we're (Fire/EMS department) limited to mustaches, but a goatee is overlooked if it doesn't compromise mask seal. Mine is right at the chin edge and I've been through the mask fit testing and passed.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
I where a goatee year round. Strictly speaking we're (Fire/EMS department) limited to mustaches, but a goatee is overlooked if it doesn't compromise mask seal. Mine is right at the chin edge and I've been through the mask fit testing and passed.

Similar here, but since I'm on a Volley Fire Dept. my captain makes the call whats acceptable and whats not. generally a well trimmed goatee is ok. since they have enough interior attack personell I am going to try for the full grow. My employer states as long as its "neat and proper" its not an issue. basically if you show up with a bum beard that your keeping leftover food in for later, you will probably be sent home.

However I'm trying to go with a "no shave November" which is much protested by the other half, I can get a nice shaped goatee and stache, the sides get all patchy and I cant tolerate the hair under my chin after about a week.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Did anybody else watch my boyfriend Luke Brian tonight on the CMA's? or see how my other boyfriend Blake Shelton is cheating on my with his wife?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member