the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So today is my birthday, a full quarter century old lol (somebody hand me a towel, the water behind my ears is dripping into my collar again lol)

The best part? Last week I started a new shift, M,Tu,W,F. Well the scheduler goofed and put it in as M, Tu, W, Th, so I emailed her and she corrected it just as I realized I corrected it so now I'm working my birthday lol. Oops, and now my CCT shift doesn't have a CCT nurse today so it's non emergent BLS IFT all day. Oh well welcome to EMS :D

Still beats my previous birthdays spent in a couple of particular desert countries wearing 60lbs of crap on my back lol

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Vehicle off the bay bridge... Everyone's ok, and traffic will be held up for a few more hours. unfortunately it means we'll get to deal with vacation traffic all night.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Vehicle off the bay bridge... Everyone's ok, and traffic will be held up for a few more hours. unfortunately it means we'll get to deal with vacation traffic all night.

I just saw that on the news. I always pucker a little when I drive over the bridge.

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
I just saw that on the news. I always pucker a little when I drive over the bridge.

My preferred ritual is checking for my window punch/seatbelt cutter.... not that it would do any good if you fell off 80% of that bridge.

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
I live near San Francisco, and I thought you were talking about the Bay Bridge out here. I did a double-take, then saw you are in Maryland.:rofl:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
By that I mean that it is, occasionally, all we have to do. No slight at you sir.

Not gonna lie. Those are probably my least favorite calls. Last one passed while we were putting the box back together in the driveway. Not a fun call.

Achilles

Forum Moron
It was so hot today I saw a chicken lay an omelet. :p

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Not gonna lie. Those are probably my least favorite calls. Last one passed while we were putting the box back together in the driveway. Not a fun call.

I actually don't mind these types of calls. I think it's because death is expected, and family are more than likely well on their way to acceptance. The only thing that's left to give to these patients is kindness, and for some reason it's rather fulfilling to be able to give them that.

I guess I'm just a big 'ol softie

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I actually don't mind these types of calls. I think it's because death is expected, and family are more than likely well on their way to acceptance. The only thing that's left to give to these patients is kindness, and for some reason it's rather fulfilling to be able to give them that.

I guess I'm just a big 'ol softie

I agree 100% I just seem to get the patients who make me nervous about coding en route. Not a situation I really want to deal with.

nemedic

Forum Captain
I agree 100% I just seem to get the patients who make me nervous about coding en route. Not a situation I really want to deal with.

I can see where you are coming from, but I personally disagree. The hospice runs tend to be pretty easy professionally to deal with. Then again, I've never seen an incoming hospice patient that didn't have a valid DNR.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
I can see where you are coming from, but I personally disagree. The hospice runs tend to be pretty easy professionally to deal with. Then again, I've never seen an incoming hospice patient that didn't have a valid DNR.

Yeah, but when they die in the back of your ambulance, it causes problems. It'd be a shame to tie up an ALS 911 unit like that. that crew, depending on state, is likely going to have to pull over, stop, and wait on the coroner.

Anyways, I still don't mind them, but having to deal with SNF staff that are pissed because they don't want a "dying" back always lessens my faith in humanity.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ugh one supervisor on vacation and one sick (out of three) makes TJ a very grumpy person. 24 today, twelve off, then sixty on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rettsani

Forum Captain
Who would have thought that going to bed at 9pm would make someone a morning person?

Me.... I have really really stupid shift start times, since I got my new EMT Job on May 1st. My exchange shift times make me crazy. :p

Start Times: 6:15 AM, 6:30 AM, 7:00 AM, 7:30 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM 1:00 PM, 7:00 PM