the 100% directionless thread

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
The best way to start the day is sticking you're hand into a ceiling fan while getting dressed.
Been there, done that. Have gotten clothes caught before, too. Always fun when your T-shirt flies across the room. <_<

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Never thought it was possible to miss a freeway before. Damn traffic, made me late. Left about the same time before my shift as I normally did, instead of having a cushion getting to east la, clocked in 5 min late to Glendale -_- Damn you 210/134! I want the 605/60 back lol

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks! It'll be several months before I get to pick a station, since a transfer list just ended a few weeks ago. It'll most likely be the one off bandera inside 410, the one off Vance Jackson near huebner, or one of the units downtown.

If truck work was more frequent, I would miss it more :( Breaking stuff is always fun :D

Nice..

I didnt think yall did any truck work lol

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
If that has any similarities to the trucks we have here it still doesn't mean much :p

I'd say I average 10-12 runs per 24hr shift. Busy shifts can get 18-20. Not crazy, but not too bad either :p Still don't get to break near enough stuff :sad: :lol: So you, sir, can suck it :D

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Just had a great call! Paced someone for the first time and ended up RSIing the patient as well. Sounds like it has a pretty good chance at a good outcome too.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just had a great call! Paced someone for the first time and ended up RSIing the patient as well. Sounds like it has a pretty good chance at a good outcome too.

Some say paramedics, I say heros :D

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'd say I average 10-12 runs per 24hr shift. Busy shifts can get 18-20. Not crazy, but not too bad either :p Still don't get to break near enough stuff :sad: :lol: So you, sir, can suck it :D

Y'all run about the same as us, well the FD here. On the box it wouldn't be out of the ordinary to do 10-12 in a 12. There are just rarely actual fires that get past the initial response knocking it down.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Yeah, our box is the same, but they do 24hr shifts. Our busy boxes can knock out 20-24 per shift, sometimes more on busy days. Hopefully I don't get stuck at one of those :unsure: Luckily it's 24/72 on the box, so you get an extra day to recoup.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yeah, our box is the same, but they do 24hr shifts. Our busy boxes can knock out 20-24 per shift, sometimes more on busy days. Hopefully I don't get stuck at one of those :unsure: Luckily it's 24/72 on the box, so you get an extra day to recoup.

That's brutal! Double medic right? I really like working with an Intermediate Asa a partner but on those days where all 12 calls are ALS that 12 turns into a 15 real quick trying to catch up on charts but if it were split 50/50 it'd be a breeze.

All I ask for is time to eat, pee, get coffee and get my paperwork done throughout the day and I'm a happy camper.

Still thinking about what you told me about down there. Knowing my luck if I got on I'd draw you as an FTO.... :wacko:

I saw another company that I've been interested in is hiring down there. I'd probably draw Linuss as an FTO and it'd have the same results though... Haha! Still quite haven't figured out how there level system works though. There's like 3 levels of medics...then crash airway permits and what not. Sounds complicated but really interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Yeah, we run dual medic here.

Well come on down here! We pay better! Lol :p I'll teach you all the good trolling routes down here. Haha

Linuss' would definitely be a good option though! I'd like to do a ride-out with the to see how they do things up there. Apparently DrB has really turned them around from what they used to be. I've got a couple buddy's down here who worked for them about 10-12 years ago. From what I hear, they were a decidedly different company...

Ripcord2015

Forum Ride Along
Been there, done that. Have gotten clothes caught before, too. Always fun when your T-shirt flies across the room. <_<
I have got one better, sliding out of the back of the ambulance. My new pants get caught on the grated bumper and almost rip clean off. This all happen right in front of an ER with lots of people. My partner fell over laughing and was not much help, even though it was very funny.
One of the ER Tech came and rescued me and brought me hospital scrubs. Even he couldn't help but laugh since I had a sheet wrapped around me. I was so embraced to this day I go out through the side door of the ambulance. lol

Never thought it was possible to miss a freeway before. Damn traffic, made me late. Left about the same time before my shift as I normally did, instead of having a cushion getting to east la, clocked in 5 min late to Glendale -_- Damn you 210/134! I want the 605/60 back lol

I do not miss anything about the 210/134, 210/605, and the 210/57.

Don't hate on my local freeways :p

At one time, those were my local freeways....until I saw the light and now I deal only with the 15 freeway. It's truly heavenly to commute 30 miles and have it only take you about 20-25 minutes each way :D

JPINFV

Gadfly
At one time, those were my local freeways....until I saw the light and now I deal only with the 15 freeway. It's truly heavenly to commute 30 miles and have it only take you about 20-25 minutes each way :D
A better commute is my 3 mile commute. Hop on the freeway and the next sign shows my exit at 2 miles. :D

JPINFV

Gadfly
Nice, to school?

Well, the hospital I'm doing most of my rotations at (Arrowhead). Going to the actual school is like 30 minutes away. Thankfully, I can pretty much count on one hand the number of times I'll have to step foot on campus again.

Well, the hospital I'm doing most of my rotations at (Arrowhead). Going to the actual school is like 30 minutes away. Thankfully, I can pretty much count on one hand the number of times I'll have to step foot on campus again.

Cool man, hopefully it's going good. Also, My sister has been shadowing at Arrowhead for the past couple of weeks, she's part of the Future Physician Leaders group. She's been in the ER and OR. And hoepfully you have good things to say about Western because that's where she wants to go for DO.