the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
...one of the many reasons I hate doing CLIPP cases for peds.

549918_10101640242762211_1189676903_n.jpg

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Ah, first night of clinicals.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Red Breast...

Thank you Sir for the excellent suggestion. It was very impressed. I had my heart set on finding a bottle of Bushmills 21 rare but after 3 liquor stores I had to compromise.

733954_1608834383257_130031063_n.jpg

SSwain

Forum Captain
UUUgghhhh.
Worked Friday night/Saturday morning. Finished up my shift, went to get my turnout gear out of the rig....tweaked my back lifting it. Not heavy....just something simple and my back went "pop".

Now, I can barely sit in a chair at my day job....
This sucks. Every 9-12 months, this happens. No matter what I do to strengthen or stretch or condition my back.

Just venting.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Thank you Sir for the excellent suggestion. It was very impressed. I had my heart set on finding a bottle of Bushmills 21 rare but after 3 liquor stores I had to compromise.

733954_1608834383257_130031063_n.jpg

It's what I'm here for :)

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
About ready to get started on my project of the day

uru4use8.jpg

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
My dream job seems to have landed in my lap, and I might be starting as soon as Thursday night! Not even Dunkin Donuts messing up my order was able to take away this amazing mood!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Half of the people here today at our Mass Casuality Incident drill are people I got deployed with to Hurricane Sandy. Nice to see old faces.

40+ school kids involved in a Bus crash. We are actually going to be transporting them to hospitals who are on stand by for a Mass Casuality. 10+ ambulances and 5+ fire engines with many chiefs and supervisors here.

Today should be a really fun day

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Half of the people here today at our Mass Casuality Incident drill are people I got deployed with to Hurricane Sandy. Nice to see old faces.

40+ school kids involved in a Bus crash. We are actually going to be transporting them to hospitals who are on stand by for a Mass Casuality. 10+ ambulances and 5+ fire engines with many chiefs and supervisors here.

Today should be a really fun day

sounds like a job networking opportunity.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
They really put me in an ambulance with no stereo for a 12 hour OT shift...

This is why I don't pick up OT anymore.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
God I love my supervisor.

Get done with the MCI and are going over things to improve on. All the fire guys are saying that it ran pretty smoothly. Our supervisor gets up and pretty much says "it was horrible".

2 engines on scene when we arrive 30-50 patients estimated. Contact the IC and ask for an assignment. We get asked to "stand by". Fire says they have no treatment area or ambulance staging area set up. But we are still asked to stand by. Total of 6 ambulances all on scene and not one of us is given any kind of task aside from "stand by".

22 minutes from dispatch is when the first patient left the scene.

JPINFV

Gadfly
God I love my supervisor.

Get done with the MCI and are going over things to improve on. All the fire guys are saying that it ran pretty smoothly. Our supervisor gets up and pretty much says "it was horrible".

2 engines on scene when we arrive 30-50 patients estimated. Contact the IC and ask for an assignment. We get asked to "stand by". Fire says they have no treatment area or ambulance staging area set up. But we are still asked to stand by. Total of 6 ambulances all on scene and not one of us is given any kind of task aside from "stand by".

22 minutes from dispatch is when the first patient left the scene.

Sounds like a well run MCI. After all, we can't have the dirty private companies getting any sort of spotlight during an emergency. So, you know... just stand by out of the way... preferably down the road, around the bend, and out of sight while the real heroes(tm) do all of the real work.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Sounds like a well run MCI. After all, we can't have the dirty private companies getting any sort of spotlight during an emergency. So, you know... just stand by out of the way... preferably down the road, around the bend, and out of sight while the real heroes(tm) do all of the real work.

Yep pretty much haha

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeesh. Sadly sounds exactly like most of the real MCIs you can listen to on radio scanner traffic on YouTube. How about setting up treatment areas for GSW victims and calling in more engine and truck company medics while the transporting private ambulances are told repeatedly to stage across the street? Perfection.