the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
:rofl:

I take it you haven't been to a public range lately?

It's been about a year since I've gone pistol shooting, and there was only like 1 other person there.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
It's been about a year since I've gone pistol shooting, and there was only like 1 other person there.

They all take their own particular skill set. Shooting a pistol accurately at range is difficult. Shooting it at speed, accurately at a distance is supremely so.

Napper820

Forum Probie
I'm intrigued reading the gun stuff. I have a Bersa 380 I need to get reacquainted with.

Major review going on here between test in class and my EMT CAT on Wednesday.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Do you have a recommendations on a good beginning shotgun? I have fired lots of shotguns before, but most were set up for home defense not shooting sports.

Go for a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500/590.
They both have some packages with both a home defense 18.5" barrel and a 22"+ barrel for trap/hunting.

Both are very common, and have lots of accessories available.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Maybe right above the other "point firearm at non-moving target, pull trigger" nonsense. Archery and trap/skeet requires skill. Shooting a pistol at a non-moving target indoors is something at stodge can do. In contrast regularly hitting a target 50 yards away with a 30lb recurve bow takes practice and skill.

I should have said I was just ribbing you.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Do you have a recommendations on a good beginning shotgun? I have fired lots of shotguns before, but most were set up for home defense not shooting sports.

Mossberg 500 is a good gun. 20 or 12

Veneficus

Forum Chief

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
Pointless ponder of the day:

If a "C" grade is considered average, a "D" considered below average, and a "B" considered above average, then by definition shouldn't half of the class receive a
"D" or "F"?

*Mind blown*

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Everyone needs a supe/boss like mine. Look what he just brought by the station. Chocolate chip cheesecake with chocolate frosting, chocolate syrup and a crumbled chocolate chip cookie topping. I'm in heaven.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350887014841.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350887014841.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 177

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
The Sheriff speaks...

I gave an infraction to everyone who talked guns after I told y'all to park your guns at the door.

If I knew how to temporarily close the thread I would have. I am not as well armed as I thought! Even the CLs and CL Emeritus got yelled at.

I'm not kidding, derail this topic and NOW!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Umm we have CLs participating in the firearm talk. The gun control debate was derailed, so far now it just looks like friendly conversation... But that's just my opinion

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So... on another topic. What's a 24, almost 25 year old guy do when he can't sleep?
20121022_021023.jpg

Play with LEGOS of course! :)

BandageBrigade

Forum Lieutenant
I gave an infraction to everyone who talked guns after I told y'all to park your guns at the door.

If I knew how to temporarily close the thread I would have. I am not as well armed as I thought! Even the CLs and CL Emeritus got yelled at.

Not trying to cause trouble.. But

Isnt the point of the 100% directionless thread that the discussion/topic is fluid and can change.. Therefore what is wrong with people discussing hobbies civilly? I truly hope that it is not that you are uncomfortable with firearms and will not allow discussion of them..

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Once guns come up it seems like it is impossible for the topic to change. It gets kind of annoying for us that don't have that hobby. It makes it hard to discuss anything else.

MrJones

Iconoclast

wow.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Not trying to cause trouble.. But

Isnt the point of the 100% directionless thread that the discussion/topic is fluid and can change.. Therefore what is wrong with people discussing hobbies civilly? I truly hope that it is not that you are uncomfortable with firearms and will not allow discussion of them..

Let's agree right now to not debate forum moderation out loud in the thread. While the CLs discuss this and figure out what firetender is thinking, let's remain directionless or take it to him by pm.

We will NOT be discussing moderation in this thread. Apparently not 100% directionless, ok?