the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
it was big, and black and ugly :/ It's the only thing I'm afraid of..i hate this phobia :unsure:

I know! When I get married, the gal is automatically DQed if she can't handle spiders. She can be afraid of everything else on earth, but someone has to handle the spiders and it aint. gonna be me.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Going to the DR in the AM about my back, don't think I am going to get cleared back just yet... It's still sore.

ken158

Forum Crew Member
Is that like a vollie first responder program? Something like ARC runs?

*uber late response*

It's essentially a program where normal people are trained to respond to huge natural disasters or anything with a large number of casualties, and to supplement the emergency services. They triage and do very basic first aid (treatment for shock without oxygen, bleeding control, some splinting, etc) and fire control. It was a pretty neat program.

Oh yeah, and it is volunteer.

NREMTroe

Forum Crew Member
I know! When I get married, the gal is automatically DQed if she can't handle spiders. She can be afraid of everything else on earth, but someone has to handle the spiders and it aint. gonna be me.

+1. I completely agree!

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Back on a unit full time and first shift is in a brand new Demers Sprinter on its first day in service. This thing is my new favorite ambulance.

And I forgot how much fun patient care is.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I never thought I would go to a drag show, let alone dance on stage with a coworker at one. I must say though, our swing dancing skills were a hit.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I never thought I would go to a drag show, let alone dance on stage with a coworker at one. I must say though, our swing dancing skills were a hit.

Oh man the most fun I ever had was at a drag show in Phoenix, well maybe not the most fun but definitely in the top 10. Those pseudo gals know how to party!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I did dance, however, not in drag. Sorry to disappoint fellas :p

I did the YMCA though, pretty legit, I know.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Someone please shoot me now. This weekend is going to truly suck.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I will never understand why people like watching cars go in circles, even if the cars are pretty bad arse.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I will never understand why people like watching cars go in circles, even if the cars are pretty bad arse.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnutXjBt6LU[/YOUTUBE]

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I am so tempted to buy this fire station converted into a house. It looks like they did a good job on the renovations. The price is steep for the area but hopefully it will sit around for a few months before I graduate and they can come down.

http://m.trulia.com/property/3030567296-3934-Enright-Ave-Saint-Louis-MO-63108?ecampaign=con_rlt_sharepropfriend_fr&eurl=www.trulia.com%2Fproperty%2F3030567296-3934-Enright-Ave-Saint-Louis-MO-63108

I would so be all over that..And the price is lower than I wouldve expected. Lot of place the $$$

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I am so tempted to buy this fire station converted into a house. It looks like they did a good job on the renovations. The price is steep for the area but hopefully it will sit around for a few months before I graduate and they can come down.

http://m.trulia.com/property/3030567296-3934-Enright-Ave-Saint-Louis-MO-63108?ecampaign=con_rlt_sharepropfriend_fr&eurl=www.trulia.com%2Fproperty%2F3030567296-3934-Enright-Ave-Saint-Louis-MO-63108

I have to admit I kind of rolled my eyes when I first saw this but it's pretty nicely done. No idea what the area is like but it does look like a lot of home for the money.