the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Last weekend on nights coming up then back to days...it's going to take a bit to get used to being up at 0400 again...

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Just did our in service for the LP15. We're moving the entire fleet of monitors from 12s to 15s on the 30th. Two per truck and a spare at each station.

I like the changes... having a temp probe and all of the CPR analytical data seems pretty nice.

Apparently, this button still does the same thing...

c6e4c89a-f0cb-489a.jpg

LP15 are sweet.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ugh. I have been going back and forth on turning my truck into an offroad truck with really nice (aka expensive) suspension or buying a jeep Cherokee for dirt cheap and having fun with that. :blink:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Ugh. I have been going back and forth on turning my truck into an offroad truck with really nice (aka expensive) suspension or buying a jeep Cherokee for dirt cheap and having fun with that. :blink:

Problem with the Heeps are you are going to need a better front axle if you really are going to wheel the hell out of it, the Dana 30 wont stand up to much. Beyond that you can't beat a solid front axle and a relatively simple suspension setup, plus it's generally easy to get a good replacement front axle for a decent price depending on your location.

Big question is what kind of wheeling are you planning on doing? Desert, trails, rocks? The SFA on the Heep will kill it on the trails and the rocks but if you're looking for desert a long travel IFS on a truck is where it's at.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Problem with the Heeps are you are going to need a better front axle if you really are going to wheel the hell out of it, the Dana 30 wont stand up to much. Beyond that you can't beat a solid front axle and a relatively simple suspension setup, plus it's generally easy to get a good replacement front axle for a decent price depending on your location.

Big question is what kind of wheeling are you planning on doing? Desert, trails, rocks? The SFA on the Heep will kill it on the trails and the rocks but if you're looking for desert a long travel IFS on a truck is where it's at.

It would be used on the trails and in the desert. That's why I want to go with using my truck since the IFS A-arms offers a smooth ride and a lot of suspension travel.

But since my truck is a semi new (2003) upgraded parts make my bank account cry. Parts for heeps are fairly cheap. Once I start and finish school (probably next year or two) then I'm going to probably start doing some suspension upgrades on my truck. Deavers with fox/king and airbags in the rear so I can still put weight in the bed and fox/king coilovers with custom shock towers and bump stops in the front. :dreaming:

Man I really need to get into the fire department again so I can have all the money I need :huh:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
It would be used on the trails and in the desert. That's why I want to go with using my truck since the IFS A-arms offers a smooth ride and a lot of suspension travel.

But since my truck is a semi new (2003) upgraded parts make my bank account cry. Parts for heeps are fairly cheap. Once I start and finish school (probably next year or two) then I'm going to probably start doing some suspension upgrades on my truck. Deavers with fox/king and airbags in the rear so I can still put weight in the bed and fox/king coilovers with custom shock towers and bump stops in the front. :dreaming:

Man I really need to get into the fire department again so I can have all the money I need :huh:

You, my friend, sound like a Jeep wont keep you happy and may just set you back from your end goal.

Airbags in the back are going to kill your travel! You can't have your cake and eat it to ;)

If you do that much work in the front you might as well do a full long travel system. You drive a Chevy don't you? Mazzulla Offroad makes a wicked system. Pricey but worth it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You, my friend, sound like a Jeep wont keep you happy and may just set you back from your end goal.

Airbags in the back are going to kill your travel! You can't have your cake and eat it to ;)

If you do that much work in the front you might as well do a full long travel system. You drive a Chevy don't you? Mazzulla Offroad makes a wicked system. Pricey but worth it.

Ive priced their kits. It's about 11K fully installed. My end goal is to go with full long travel suspension and get a bed cage so I can add in 16-18 in shocks in the rear.

I don't want to go all out with a mazzulla kit yet because my truck is still my DD and money. Once I get another truck then I want to go all out (roll cage, racing seats, 5 point harness, fiberglass fenders, etc).

Yeah I know airbags will kill my travel. But for right now I still have to have it able to tow and haul things. But airbags are normally pretty simple to remove, sometimes as easy as 4 bolts ;)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yeah I know airbags will kill my travel. But for right now I still have to have it able to tow and haul things. But airbags are normally pretty simple to remove, sometimes as easy as 4 bolts ;)

I like your style. Well when you get that thing all built up you'll have to give me a ride! I'd love to build a desert truck but a house, a motorcycle and a snowmobile are higher on the list right at this moment in my life. Provided I pass my FTO time at work.

We should probably get back off topic before we get yelled at.

I kept my eyes open for your guys' rig the other day, never saw it though.

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
Overheard this conversation between my boy and his dad:

Daniel: Diddy, I want to keep my tool kit in my bed.

Marc: I don't think so, buddy, I don't want the pieces to get lost.

Daniel: But what about when I'm 10, can I do it then?

Marc: When you're a grownup, you can decide where to keep your tools. Until then, you keep them in the tool cabinet.

Daniel: I bet you could keep your tools in your bed!

Marc: If I wanted to, I would.

Daniel: Then you could drill Mama in the butt every night!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok folks just keep telling yourselfs family friendly site, family friendly site, family friendly site.

......must.. resist...temptation....dont...anger the CL's.....:D

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I like your style. Well when you get that thing all built up you'll have to give me a ride! I'd love to build a desert truck but a house, a motorcycle and a snowmobile are higher on the list right at this moment in my life. Provided I pass my FTO time at work.

We should probably get back off topic before we get yelled at.

I kept my eyes open for your guys' rig the other day, never saw it though.

It took them about 26 hours to do the call. It was literally a taxi ride. The guy wanted pizza 8 hours into the transport so the crew stopped and got pizza haha.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Alright, who knows which cylinder is #4 on a 4.7l powertech in a jeep....it's misfiring badly and I can't for the life of me find a cylinder map on google.

She ran beautifully yesterday and today is running like crap :(

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/chrysler/compression/4.7L/engine_compression_test_2.php

This is the only link I could find that had the cylinders labeled.

Looks like passenger side of the block and the second cylinder back.

Money, thank you. I guess I could have looked under the hood before going on a wild goose chase seeing as they are labeled and all... :p

Seems like it's the ignition coil for that cylinder...cleared the code and swapped the coils from #2 and #4 we will have to wait and see if the misfire follows the coil.

If that isn't it next is spark plugs, then injectors then a valve...I'm hoping it's early on in my list, I really don't want to have to open the heads up.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Ok folks just keep telling yourselfs family friendly site, family friendly site, family friendly site.

I thought that was fair game since that was a classic, indelible family memory. Just sayin. :)

I am still laughing over that little exchange.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm curious what people who volley or do EMS PT do outside of EMS for work.

Also: now half-studying for the GMAT and watching mindless movies. So. Very. Mindless.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Money, thank you. I guess I could have looked under the hood before going on a wild goose chase seeing as they are labeled and all... :p

Seems like it's the ignition coil for that cylinder...cleared the code and swapped the coils from #2 and #4 we will have to wait and see if the misfire follows the coil.

If that isn't it next is spark plugs, then injectors then a valve...I'm hoping it's early on in my list, I really don't want to have to open the heads up.

If its coil on plug chances are it's the coil or the harness leading to the coil. Then the plug being bad.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
If its coil on plug chances are it's the coil or the harness leading to the coil. Then the plug being bad.

I switched the coil on plug between the #2 and #4 cylinder and now it's driving like a champ... I don't get it. I guess I'll wait until it happens again and pull the code. I'm hoping its either the coil on plug or the spark plug otherwise it might get a tad more expensive and complicated.

From what I've read if it isn't the coil, the plug or the injector it's one of the valves hanging up and that'll pretty much ruin my day. If that's the case I may be in the market for a new set of wheels, I've already put too much money into this thing and tearing into the valvetrain wont be cheap or easy. The Tacomas are pretty nice though :D

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Tastykake pies rule.

That is all.

And for those of you who have never had one, you need to come to the Philly area and try one. I'm just lucky that we have 'em here in Delaware.