the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm getting paid today at work for nothing today. Clock in and supervisors said "your partner called off sick so you get the day off too and you still get paid". Sitting at home and still making money :rolleyes:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm getting paid today at work for nothing today. Clock in and supervisors said "your partner called off sick so you get the day off too and you still get paid". Sitting at home and still making money :rolleyes:

I am also getting paid to sit. Ain't it fun?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I am also getting paid to sit. Ain't it fun?

Then I realize that being at home and being on the ambulance is pretty much the same. I can sleep, eat, watch TV, talk to people, and run errands if I'm home or on the ambulance.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Then I realize that being at home and being on the ambulance is pretty much the same. I can sleep, eat, watch TV, talk to people, and run errands if I'm home or on the ambulance.

Well I am actually at work... but sitting and playing on ebay. 3 more hours and I go home with a pressure ulcer on my azz... but getting paid to sit is fine by me... makes up for the long days.

JPINFV

Gadfly
political-pictures-steve-jobs-black-market.jpg

How about finding a pancreas?

Nerd13

Forum Lieutenant

How does that work? I have to stay at work and use a rig to first respond until they find cover or my shift ends... Apparently I'm working at the wrong place... haha

JPINFV

Gadfly
That's BS. If you're actually sick then they should want you to stay at home so you don't spread germs.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
How does that work? I have to stay at work and use a rig to first respond until they find cover or my shift ends... Apparently I'm working at the wrong place... haha

We can only respond to calls as a 2+ member team. Since my partner called out sick I am the only member of my unit.

The company had us sign a sort of contract that says for full time employment status they have to give us 36 hours of work one week and 48 hours the next unless we want to be short on our paycheck.

So instead of staying at our main station and doing nothing while getting paid I am at home running errands lol.

WickedGood

Forum Crew Member
I'm in my paramedic class and someone is asking what the difference is between a Heart attack and cardiac arrest. He thinks they are the same.......

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
All right, who taught JPINFV how to use Photoshop?

Fess up and take your punishment.:ph34r:

JPINFV

Gadfly
If you're talking about the '___ thinks we do' image, that's MS Paint. I'm OG like that.

JPINFV

Gadfly
How do I know that I'm going to hell?

One of the 4th years at my school just scored a rotation at the LA County Coroner and wants to know if it's too soon to buy stuff from the gift shop. I responded that it would be better to wait for the Whitney Houston/Michael Jackson combo pack.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Family doesn't understand that I have to joke about the stuff at work to stay sane. Just got *****ed at for like 20 minutes for making a joke about the dude who jumped off the 805 yesterday (I didn't work him, just saw him getting bagged up while we were driving to post). afghfjshthsdty;ilstyfgsthghsdftgasrgh

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
23 year old female 27 weeks pregnant came into the ER today during my clinical.

GLF, alert and oriented, massive left sided deficits. Poor girl had a stroke :( Hope she doesn't end up to debilitated. Luckily the baby was doing good per the OB, had quite a scare in the trauma room with no fetal heart tones on the doppler to begin with. Ultrasound and fetal heart monitor confirmed a very "live and kicking" fetus.

I feel bad for my work wife. She was the responding unit. It tore her up pretty good. :(

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
It's my first Valentines day when I'm actually in a relationship and I'm working...it was at this point that I came to two realizations. First, my partner is my pseudo-valentine; and two, my work partnership will probably last longer than my personal one. /depressing Valentines day post

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Got to see someone cardioverted today. My first time and the medics first time doing it. We were puckered up tight.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Got to see someone cardioverted today. My first time and the medics first time doing it. We were puckered up tight.

Fun!!!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

That's awesome. The only electrical therapy I've ever given is pacing. Done it twice in two ER clinicals, still no defibs or cardioversions :(

Side note: a couple of ER nurses today told me they are going to recommend me for a per diem tech spot at the Level 2 TC for when I finish school :D