the 100% directionless thread

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Just checked out my nieces new ultrascope I got her for nursing school. Looks dorky as hell but you can hear crystal clear breath sounds through a shirt and comforter. I'm so getting one.

I :wub: my Ultrascope.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
I got mess around with one a few weeks back, pretty amazing little piece of equipment from what i could tell.

What's the down side of using one (besides looking like a pedophile)? Sure as heck sounded better than my Littman.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Ya know, I'm glad to see some new blood around here from regularly posting new members.

But I've also had the thought that a lot of folks don't know what they don't know (much like myself at one point)...

Anyway, glad to see the new people here and good luck along your journey through medicine generally and EMS specifically.

Last edited by a moderator:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I got mess around with one a few weeks back, pretty amazing little piece of equipment from what i could tell.

What's the down side of using one (besides looking like a pedophile)? Sure as heck sounded better than my Littman.

The two downsides to my Maxiscope (three if you count sounding like a feminine hygine product) are:

1)The head comes off fairly easily

2)It's a tad bulky

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
"medic 106 post Mo 52. Wait nevermind I lied. Post Jefferson 50. Wait uhhhh..... How does Washington and 10 sound?"

Since I've been on both ends of the mic I'll be the cool dispatcher: "medic 338 have you eaten yet? No, okay go post arlington and vanburen and get some grub" haha ^_^ If only it was that easy..

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Since I've been on both ends of the mic I'll be the cool dispatcher: "medic 103 have you eaten yet? No, okay go post arlington and vanburen and get some grub" haha ^_^ If only it was that easy..

There are a couple dispatchers who have been out in the field. One dispatcher was involved in a bad accident while going code. Could not return to field work so now is a dispatcher.

Wait I thought you said said cool dispatcher. If you want to be cool then you can't dispatch for riverside division haha. It's all about the Desert Cities :rofl:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Since I've been on both ends of the mic I'll be the cool dispatcher: "medic 338 have you eaten yet? No, okay go post arlington and vanburen and get some grub" haha ^_^ If only it was that easy..

we have a dispatcher that does that when he can. He is fricken awesome!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
we have a dispatcher that does that when he can. He is fricken awesome!

We have slowly learned that we don't ask dispatch if we can stop and eat. We pretty much tell them "medic 107 we are code 7 (clear for meal) at Washington"

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
We have slowly learned that we don't ask dispatch if we can stop and eat. We pretty much tell them "medic 107 we are code 7 (clear for meal) at Washington"

Ya, I had to get in that habbit too when I was with my last service... Still, if i can... I'd like to try and treat the field crew right, It'll make my life easier if and when I make that transition from dispatch to an EMT out in the field. Especially considering how many friends I have in that division. I'd like to pull an emt posistion, but I'm willing to do whatever the hell I can to get my foot in the door.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ya, I had to get in that habbit too when I was with my last service... Still, if i can... I'd like to try and treat the field crew right, It'll make my life easier if and when I make that transition from dispatch to an EMT out in the field. Especially considering how many friends I have in that division. I'd like to pull an emt posistion, but I'm willing to do whatever the hell I can to get my foot in the door.

It would make your life easier as a dispatcher also. There are many ways dispatch can mess with field employees but there also many ways field employees can mess with dispatch.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
It would make your life easier as a dispatcher also. There are many ways dispatch can mess with field employees but there also many ways field employees can mess with dispatch.

Oh ya... In my rideouts with AMR I've seen some memorable tactics :rofl:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Sasha

Forum Chief
My dispatcher tends to forget that we are people who need food every so often.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
My dispatcher tends to forget that we are people who need food every so often.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Maybe your dispatcher has seen your avatar do nothing but eat popcorn and figures you've had enough. :p

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Sitting up to keep an eye on the sick girlfriend....I hope she gets feeling better soon. She's been so miserable the past couple of days. :(

Katy

Forum Lieutenant
Sitting up to keep an eye on the sick girlfriend....I hope she gets feeling better soon. She's been so miserable the past couple of days. :(
I hope she gets better soon.
Wow, what a day.:cool:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
After losing internet for 3 hours, my Facebook changes to the new ultra-creeper layout.

I hate it.

I can't tell if I should be angry at Facebook for making stupid stuff "top news" or at my friends for being boring...

Cup of Joe

Forum Captain
I can't tell if I should be angry at Facebook for making stupid stuff "top news" or at my friends for being boring...

Isn't there some saying about job security in EMS? old people, and stupid people? :rofl:

It's not your responsibility to tell the world what you're doing every 10 seconds on Facebook.