the 100% directionless thread

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Ruh-roh. Something I need be concerned about?

Nope, PT job issue (or non-issue as I no longer work there). Some people would rather make trouble for others than deal with an issue.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
When one door closes...another opens :).

Sasha

Forum Chief
Hopefully that new door isn't to the broom closet! :)

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
< Forgot to take my medicine this morning. Hope the county is ready for havoc and mayhem, cause I'm in the hot seat!

Sasha

Forum Chief
Ive got a lovely bunch of coconuts, diddly diddly. Lined up all in a row bump bump bump. Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head!

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Well I no longer have a job.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Sorry to hear that. What happened?

Our company only allows a total of 7 'occurances' Any tardy or absence counts as an occurance, even with Dr's notes. I had 6 tardies (how do you spell tardies... aha) and after my injury 7 absences in the past 12 months. I was placed straight to final warning (no verbal, no written, straight to final) in June. Last week I injured my back and was out for 3 days, this placed me over. I was cleared for work on 8/10, told to come in early 8/11 because it was going to be busy in the morning. Morning of 8/11 I was told to not come in and I was suspended indefinitely due to the absences. Then I was called and told to come in today. When I went in today I was discharged. And told of the policy where everything is combined.

Just got a call from one of my friends though about a place a little farther north of me dispatching for a private emergency service (ala life alert) for a pretty good pay, and there's several openings apparently :) So maybe this is for the better.

But I'm pretty sure I'm eligible for unemployment since after my "going straight to final warning" I had no occurances other than the injury one. And my parents told me that they would pay for phlebotomy school as well. Unemployment covers all of my bills :)

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Despite the thunderstorms, rednecks and t shirt wearing, motorcycle riding Republican Governor Brown does not want to leave the great State of Indiana and go home to where it is snowing!! :D

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Our company only allows a total of 7 'occurances' Any tardy or absence counts as an occurance, even with Dr's notes. I had 6 tardies (how do you spell tardies... aha) and after my injury 7 absences in the past 12 months. I was placed straight to final warning (no verbal, no written, straight to final) in June. Last week I injured my back and was out for 3 days, this placed me over. I was cleared for work on 8/10, told to come in early 8/11 because it was going to be busy in the morning. Morning of 8/11 I was told to not come in and I was suspended indefinitely due to the absences. Then I was called and told to come in today. When I went in today I was discharged. And told of the policy where everything is combined.

Just got a call from one of my friends though about a place a little farther north of me dispatching for a private emergency service (ala life alert) for a pretty good pay, and there's several openings apparently :) So maybe this is for the better.

But I'm pretty sure I'm eligible for unemployment since after my "going straight to final warning" I had no occurances other than the injury one. And my parents told me that they would pay for phlebotomy school as well. Unemployment covers all of my bills :)

Wait. Did the abscence from a work related injury count against you?

---
- Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller