the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm bored. Sitting around watching Castle today. Wish I was working... but I need out of ABQ... thinking about taking a ride to Durango CO for a few days

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I'm bored. Sitting around watching Castle today. Wish I was working... but I need out of ABQ... thinking about taking a ride to Durango CO for a few days

I have some cousins near there and they have been posting the most amazing pics on fb from hikes, horseback riding, 4 wheeler camping, and my fave: night hikes. I have envy. High desert envy.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

I don't get you workaholics. I work my shift, I want my days off. I work 24, I want to be off for the next 48.

My days off consists of a 6 pack of IBC root beer, a couple packs of Kit-Kats, and just vegging out infront of the tv.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
A) I want more money so I can go to Expo AND do the EMT-T course being offered at UNM this fall.
B) I hate not being busy right now.
C) I'm bored.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I don't get you workaholics. I work my shift, I want my days off. I work 24, I want to be off for the next 48.
It's not always a choice...

That said, I'm not doing $hit tommorow :D.

My days off consists of a 6 pack of IBC root beer, a couple packs of Kit-Kats, and just vegging out infront of the tv.
"IBC Root Beer", SSSSUUURRREEE....weren't we discussing this last night:p.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'm with you Linuss. I work my shift, then I vanish. I'm moving for the new job... but as soon as all of that BS is done, I'll be taking my time off and camping and just unplugging!

dhaage

Forum Crew Member
Took a couple days off, enjoying some rock, three days grace is up in a few. Saw seether, royal bliss, and theory of a deadman earlier this week

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I'm with you Linuss. I work my shift, then I vanish. I'm moving for the new job... but as soon as all of that BS is done, I'll be taking my time off and camping and just unplugging!

Especially since we already work more than most civilians do. We work essentially 6 full weeks in the time they work 4. The only reason why I like 24 hour shifts is when I do finally take a day off (like I did 2 weeks ago) you get 5 full days off.

I'd much prefer doing 12 or 16 hour shifts if I lived a helluva lot closer to my job.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best

I Love working, I get so bored when I am home. if you give me three days off in a row per month I am a happy camper. except for my vacation days. I take my vacations evenly spaced throughout the year. so three days per month and one week every four is all i ask for off. you can work me like a dog other than that. it keeps me out of trouble and i am saving up for a house so the money is nice too.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
2 more nights and I'm finally off. 7 nights in a row has been rough. Got off late every morning and have been busy. On my unit tonight, duty supervisor tommorow night which will be a nice break then off for 2 days. We're going to west texas next weekend to see family and get a break and work can't touch me cuz I'll be too far away to be useful.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
2 more nights and I'm finally off. 7 nights in a row has been rough. Got off late every morning and have been busy. On my unit tonight, duty supervisor tommorow night which will be a nice break then off for 2 days. We're going to west texas next weekend to see family and get a break and work can't touch me cuz I'll be too far away to be useful.

Glad you get some time off...sorry you have to go to West Texas though :p

usalsfyre

You have my stapler

I wish we could do 7 on 7 off 12s. 36 on 36 off blows...hard

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I wish we could do 7 on 7 off 12s. 36 on 36 off blows...hard

If we resort to 12's in the VZ, I'm gone. Makes no financial sense. Though I feel for you east-siders and your mandates now :lol:

I Love working, I get so bored when I am home. if you give me three days off in a row per month I am a happy camper. except for my vacation days. I take my vacations evenly spaced throughout the year. so three days per month and one week every four is all i ask for off. you can work me like a dog other than that. it keeps me out of trouble and i am saving up for a house so the money is nice too.

Yeah I like the fact that we can essentially take a week off every month-ish.

Though I wish we had Kelly's. 24/48s get tiresome after a while.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
It does turn into the never ending grind.

That's one thing I like about 12's.... you work 3, off for 4, work 4, off for 3.

With 24/48s... on your first day off, you're up early which sucks, and then you might spend the whole day just relaxing / sleeping, especially if you were up all night the night before... then the next day you hopefully get to sleep in, but you have to be asleep early because you have work the next day.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That's the only good thing I can say about my schedule... 1 36 hour shift a week, and I'm done. So maybe you can see why I'm so damned bored too :p

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
I loved my old schedule. Tue/wed/thurs from 1400-0300.

Woke up at noon everyday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
That's the only good thing I can say about my schedule... 1 36 hour shift a week, and I'm done. So maybe you can see why I'm so damned bored too :p

I'll take that schedule! That's full-time?!

I loved my old schedule. Tue/wed/thurs from 1400-0300.

Woke up at noon everyday.

When I worked at AMR, my schedule was Mon/Wed and every other Fri/Sat/Sun from 1500-0300. I could wake up late, and I get off at 3am so I wouldnt have to deal with traffic (plus I got to pretty much do nothing after 9pm except for ALS transfers)... and I'd get 4 days off in a row every 2 weeks.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It is full time, but OT is pretty much non-existent. Hency why the PT jobs I've been trying to land.