the 100% directionless thread

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Hahahaha, Mountain.... I've run some pretty large scale ICS responses. Course, the last two I was involved with, I was a logistics assistant, and an IC trainee (unofficial, the IC was almost certain I'd be next in line for IC, then, someone higher up burst both our bubbles, thought I didn't have enough boot-to-turf experience)....

Define "Large Scale", because it is relative. We, in SAR, have run calls where we have 200+ rescuers on scene from 10-12 agencies, multiple helicopters, ATV Teams, Trackers, Dozens of Dog Teams, Mounted Teams, Overhead, Logistics, etc..., but when I compare that to what Fire does on California's larger fires, our largest operations pale in comparision to the ~5,000 (or way more) Firefighters, Hundreads of engines and water tenders, the handcrews, the dozens of air tankers and helos, the massive amount of logistical support, and the other public service agencies that might be needed - LEOs for evacuations and road closures, EMS for injuries and standby support, Disaster Relief Agencies for the displaced... in the end you can have dozens of agencies (multiple local FDs, State Fire, the Federal Fire Agencies, OES, Multiple LE Agencies, EMS, etc...) it is stagering that things run as smoothly as they do... But in pure EMS it is likely that you are going to be just one small part in the Medical Section of the Operations Division on a large scale incident... Likely it will be Fire, LEO, OES, or some other government "chiefs" that will man the key Command Positions in ICS... therefore, as we tell our newbies, it is vital that you remember only two ICS rules:

1. Know what your job is
2. Know who you report to

Last edited by a moderator:

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

flhtci01

Forum Captain
Can't sleep (the trucking company next door isn't helping) and have 3 hours of Microbiology in the middle of the day today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Four people (2 EMTs and 2 Medics) were fired from my service.

The EMTs got the medics to give them IVs, at the station after a night of partying friday night. They've been fired and they're talking theft charges.

THINK people, think! Be smart!

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
Four people (2 EMTs and 2 Medics) were fired from my service.

The EMTs got the medics to give them IVs, at the station after a night of partying friday night. They've been fired and they're talking theft charges.

Well just think how that might help you..Promotion? haha always try to stay positive lol

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
As friday gets closer I'm getting more nervous. First day of my last internship... And I'm not wanting to go into work tonight.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
is leaving on a jet plane, don't know when, i'll be back again....oh wait yes i do....

Sasha

Forum Chief
I begin preceptorship to move to medic at my service next week!!

I am scared, satisfied, excited and dying for the challenge, all at once.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
No wonder the training center always bothers us about CE's canceled due to low enrollment... they never schedule them for reasonable times. Now I get to either rearrange my schedule horribly or hunt down info on if I can get CE's from another state recognized.

Sasha said:

One of the EMT's I work with brags about getting a particular medic to do that. It might not be true... but I kinda hope it is, because I wouldn't mind seeing him fired. He says crazy stuff about us to all kinds of people, and it makes us look really bad.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I AM SAR BORED...

So I will make a request that I made in chat...

PRAY that Mountain gets a mission soon... a nice swiftwater rescue... a long helo ride... a missing child... a nice remote climbing accident with spinal injuries... a 747 plane crash in the wilderness... a rope rescue off of a 500 foot cliff... ANYTHING... PLEASE...

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I AM SAR BORED...

PRAY that Mountain gets a mission soon... a nice swiftwater rescue... a long helo ride... a missing child... a nice remote climbing accident with spinal injuries... a 747 plane crash in the wilderness... a rope rescue off of a 500 foot cliff... ANYTHING... PLEASE...

Whoa!! Steady Pardner! Calm down, breath. Thats good. Now take a deep breath, imagine the scent of lavender and......is it working yet? No calls yet??
Shoot! I give up.

:p

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
I AM SAR BORED...

I just did a 48 this weekend... Not one single call. Got my flu shot though.