the 100% directionless thread

ChargerGirl

Forum Crew Member
just gonna throw this out there......GO CHARGERS....and...YOU SUCK MANNING BROTHERS!! :ph34r:

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Soooo......Christmas day, and we get sent 26C for 3 sick people at the retirement lodge in the town a half hour drive from here. They send me and my partner, and the Paramedic who I will be partnered with when my shift ends and his begins. Turns out, there are 7 confirmed cases of Norwalk virus and 3 of them are worse. 1 is worse than the other 2. He's confused (more than usual, according to staff). So, the paramedic locks down the facility ( under, albeit misinterpreted direction from the on call MD). Public health is at the door and noone will let them in. The paramedic then goes room to room (after we have packaged our confused pt and have an IV running) and checks every resident. We are told not to transport our pt to the hospital to reduce the infection possibility to other people (FYI, Norwalk is a norovirus spread primarily by fecal-oral route). We ended up running a whole bag into our pt and releasing him, under order from whoever. I'm not worried, the Paramedic is calling the shots. We do one more IV on one more resident, and then leave. No transports. We were on scene for 2 HOURS. I suppose it's a good thing our Paramedic has more training and education to be able to make the difficult decisions and critical thinking.
We had that a few years ago. Transported about 15, one or two died from dehydration, Hazmat suits all around.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Well, just got back from my post-Christmas, pre-New Years, pre-medic school vacation. Went to surprise my boyfriend for Christmas, and he surprised me by telling me he has another girlfriend. I guess all's fair in love and war, and it's war now.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Kev right now you would find Drive Thru records welcome to the family CD playing if you turned on my radio. If you went to the radio my presets include 2 country stations, 2 pop/hip hop stations, a heavy metal station and a classic rock station.

And since neither of my teams (cowboys and packers) got into the playoffs I could care less. Who does everyone want to win the big one?

ChargerGirl

Forum Crew Member
Well, just got back from my post-Christmas, pre-New Years, pre-medic school vacation. Went to surprise my boyfriend for Christmas, and he surprised me by telling me he has another girlfriend. I guess all's fair in love and war, and it's war now.

what you need are surf wax, a squirt gun, canned tuna, and fish guts. put surf wax all over his windows on his car, fill the squirt gun with the juice from tuna cans and squirt his car down and or his house, and if you know anyone that goes fishing or if you do save the excess flesh/skin/bones etc and throw it on his house roof or hide it all over his car. thats what i would do or have my best friend do it while i have a perfectly good alibi! :ph34r:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
what you need are surf wax, a squirt gun, canned tuna, and fish guts. put surf wax all over his windows on his car, fill the squirt gun with the juice from tuna cans and squirt his car down and or his house, and if you know anyone that goes fishing or if you do save the excess flesh/skin/bones etc and throw it on his house roof or hide it all over his car. thats what i would do or have my best friend do it while i have a perfectly good alibi! :ph34r:

It was YOU!

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
There isn't a whole lot of NFL up here. I don't even know who is in the running. At least the Cowgirls and Packers aren't going. lol.......

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
I'd like to say, I'M TIRED But, I'm still an hour and a half til bed time.

apagea99

Forum Lieutenant
Year-end inventory is finally done! I get another 4.5 days off in a row now....WOOHOO!

The wife and I are celebrating her birthday tonight :) Having a few friends over for dinner and to play some games.

The coolest thing is I've started planning a surprise 10th anniversary party for her........I figure 5-1/2 months is enough time to get it all together lol

Epi-do

I see dead people
My mother-in-law totally ROCKS!!!! She showed up at my house last night with a Nintendo Wii, extra controllers, and 2 additional games. We have all been vegging out playing video games last night and today.

SES4

Forum Lieutenant
Happy New Year!

I hope that everybody has a very happy, healthy, and safe New Years Eve and New Years Day!

For those of you working tonight like I am: Be safe and try to enjoy the night!

But BAH HUMBUG I really wish I did not have to work. It snowed here today and it is New Years Eve/Day. So this should be an interesting night.

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
i just polished off the best batch of post turkey day turkey soup i have ever made.

yyyyuuuuuuummmmmmmm.....

NJN

The Young One
i just polished off the best batch of post turkey day turkey soup i have ever made.

yyyyuuuuuuummmmmmmm.....

orly.gif
Got any to share?

You can tell that i like using smileys wayyy too much.

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
just in case anyone is wondering, a fuel pump for my truck costs 350 dollars plus $93/hr labor.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
I slept for 6.5 hours today. Not counting dozing in the rig at the end of shift cause they finally stopped running us. That's a recent record.

Second

Forum Lieutenant
I'm watching the Fugitive and the part on the train came on and all i could think about was that episode of Scrubs.

I need a life :rolleyes:

NJN

The Young One
I spent about 4 hours tearing down a drop ceiling in my house.
I like the firefighter method to tearing down ceilings, although i do not like the cleanup, dust, and fiberglass particles involved.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Was my RDO

Can anyone tell me why my otherwise perfect 04 Accord requires removal of the battery with thin walled metric sockets (or a careful adjustable wrench) to replace the port side lowbeam headlight, and why the local Kragen auto store's light catalogue does not tell you whether you neend the 9005 or 9006 bulb?
(Oh, and Kragen give a 10% discount to active reserve or retired military).