the 100% directionless thread

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
Post-script. The wind chill for most of those days was somewhere around -41C. This California boy is having zero fun. To convert Celsius to Fahrenheit, Multiply degrees Celsius by 1.8 and add 32.

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
Man oh man - I spent 5 years in Alberta and 20 in Northern Ontario. It is pretty damn cold here in Lake Havasu City. The temps in the morning are as low as 40 degrees F (thats about 3 C for our metric mates). This is totally brutal B)

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I have never lost a cell phone by water damage, toilet or otherwise. Last winter, my boys lost both their cell phones to salt water damage from a sailing trip to Victoria in heavy winter seas. And my husband dropped his into a bucket of clams and seawater.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! Someone take these screaming fighting kids!!! There is no school and no work. Can't they for once sleep in past 6am

I had a rule in my house. When my two boys hit that age where everything was a fight. I told them that I had never seen one of them go berserk on the other without provocation. So, from then on.. every time they fought, they both lost video games for 3 days . Before the first 3 days were up, they had gotten a second.. and a third... they went about a month and a half without the games.

I knew I had won one day when they were starting to escalate into that frenzy and I heard the oldest go... "Shhhhh mom's gonna hear!"... Ah.. united against a common enemy.... They are best friends to this day.

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
I have never lost a cell phone by water damage, toilet or otherwise. Last winter, my boys lost both their cell phones to salt water damage from a sailing trip to Victoria in heavy winter seas. And my husband dropped his into a bucket of clams and seawater.

I had a rule in my house. When my two boys hit that age where everything was a fight. I told them that I had never seen one of them go berserk on the other without provocation. So, from then on.. every time they fought, they both lost video games for 3 days . Before the first 3 days were up, they had gotten a second.. and a third... they went about a month and a half without the games.

I knew I had won one day when they were starting to escalate into that frenzy and I heard the oldest go... "Shhhhh mom's gonna hear!"... Ah.. united against a common enemy.... They are best friends to this day.

LOL - you are a smart cookie... rule with brains not brawn...

Alexakat

Forum Lieutenant
How many phones/pagers have you dropped into the deep big blue??

For me, 2 cell phones, and a pager........ A new meaning for the term "Water proof"! :p

I don't feel so bad! I've dropped 2 in the toilet in the past year...not because I was on the toilet talking on the phone, but because on duty, I carry my cell phone on my belt & after unbuckling, the weight pulled it off right into the toilet. Ew!

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
Wal-Mart adventure in Omaha?

You betcha!

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
I don't know how to search this one....

What is the record for number of posts in the same topic for this forum?

I have absolutely no life so I figured out the top 10, if you go into each section there's an option near the bottom of the page to sort by number of replies.

1.) This thread (365 before I posted)
2.) Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed (286)
3.) Faces Behind the post (281)
4.) What do you carry on your belt? (233)
5.) EMT-B/BLS care is there a point?? (193)
6.) Having Trouble Passing NREMT-B - Suggestions? (187)
7.) Ambulance Driver = EMT = Medic (166)
Does your department have a web site? (166)
8.)What does your agency ride in.. (152)
9.) Your First Call (153)
10.) How many lights is too many? (145)

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
AK just dropped 600 bucks at Publix...ugg...damn the family coming for holidays!

Sasha

Forum Chief
AK just dropped 600 bucks at Publix...ugg...damn the family coming for holidays!

I just bought a sub at Publix! What Publix are you frequenting?!

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
I have absolutely no life so I figured out the top 10, if you go into each section there's an option near the bottom of the page to sort by number of replies.

1.) This thread (365 before I posted)
2.) Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed (286)
3.) Faces Behind the post (281)
4.) What do you carry on your belt? (233)
5.) EMT-B/BLS care is there a point?? (193)
6.) Having Trouble Passing NREMT-B - Suggestions? (187)
7.) Ambulance Driver = EMT = Medic (166)
Does your department have a web site? (166)
8.)What does your agency ride in.. (152)
9.) Your First Call (153)
10.) How many lights is too many? (145)

so what you're saying is that this thread(a general free floating flight of ideas) is the most popular thread in the history of the board.

interesting. but a general discussion sub board would ruin life as we know it around here and make this the worst site on the net, right?

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
I lost my cell phone last year on a call. I was going up a ladder to board a ship with our defib and jump bag when my phone, clipped to my belt, bumped the ladder and fell into the harbour. It was about 2 hrs later when I reached for it to phone home,as we were late, that I noticed it missing. That was a long call.

It is about -10C (14F)here tonite going up to +2C (35F) tomorrow. We are supposed to have snow then rain. More rain and wind on Thurs with temp +10C (50)then to -7C (20F)on Fri. Gotta love the weather. If you don't like it, wait a bit, it'll change soon enough. It should make lots of ice and working thru Christmas lots of fun.

Stay safe everyone.

Merry Christmas :):)

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
I just bought a sub at Publix! What Publix are you frequenting?!

You should shop at Winn Dixie. I had never heard of Winn Dixie before until we were on vacation in Florida and decided to find a grocery after few too many margaritas and at that point Winn Dixie was the funniest name I'd ever heard. We don't have any cool stores here, no Publix, no Winn Dixie, and no friggen dunkin donuts.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I shop at Winn Dixie only in times of extreme desperation. They have roaches all over their shelves! They're soooo nasty!

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
The only thing I ended up buying at Winn Dixie was a gallon of cheap wine because we didn't realize gas stations and groceries didn't have liquor in florida. And what's the deal with no liquor on Sundays? I never realized how good we had it in WI until I went there.

dslprod

Forum Crew Member
whats winn dixie? sounds like a dollar tree store. im in northern cali by the way so im not familiar with roach infested stores Lol

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
We don't have Publix, Winn Dixie, Dunkin Donuts, Timmy Horton's, or liquor in grocery stores/gas stations in Colorado. We did, however, get our no-liquor-on-Sundays laws lifted on July 6th of this year! Woo!

Nebraska has liquor in it's gas stations and grocery stores. I think I spent a good 30 minutes of my 45 minute trip to Target just looking at the Target wine. I couldn't get over it!

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
so what you're saying is that this thread(a general free floating flight of ideas) is the most popular thread in the history of the board.

interesting. but a general discussion sub board would ruin life as we know it around here and make this the worst site on the net, right?

Lol. Apparently some think so...

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Blizzard!!!!! Snow ball fight!!!!!!

EMTWintz

Forum Lieutenant

Well my two have lived without toys, games, and tv for a while. Not to mention lost of friend privledge and have been grounded to their rooms for weeks at a time. NOTHING WORKS. Am I whining? YES. They act just like their dad. Think he had defective sperm. Hard headed little things. Did I mention that its a 7yo girl and 6yo boy. That is never a good combo.

NJN

The Young One
The snow is distracting me.
But now we can do this:
sled.gif