the 100% directionless thread

Sasha

Forum Chief
This is why I have been so thrilled to cook for my aunt and cousins this week. Good grief, it's painful feeding little kids.

Standard dinner is plain rice with veggies, or chicken nuggets and applesauce. I am getting food fatigue just thinking about it after this week of soups and salads and pomegranates and roasted yumness.

Just shoot them.

I brought out Gus my skeleton. I told them he was a skeleton because he didn't eat his dinner to get big and strong. They loved Gus. We had a little back and forth with me voicing Gus as to why its no fun being a skeleton.

Then I asked "dont you want to be big and strong?" And the oldest said "only boys are big and strong."

And I was like "oh yeah?" Then I picked her up over my head and spun her around and asked if I was big and strong. She laughed and said yes.

And they ate dinner. Then we had a dance party with Gus.

They dance like mini hoochies.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I brought out Gus my skeleton. I told them he was a skeleton because he didn't eat his dinner to get big and strong. They loved Gus. We had a little back and forth with me voicing Gus as to why its no fun being a skeleton.

Then I asked "dont you want to be big and strong?" And the oldest said "only boys are big and strong."

And I was like "oh yeah?" Then I picked her up over my head and spun her around and asked if I was big and strong. She laughed and said yes.

And they ate dinner. Then we had a dance party with Gus.

They dance like mini hoochies.

I love spinning people over my head. Way to model being a big and strong girl for them.

My aunt got a "Fight like a girl" shirt yesterday and she's wearing it to the rest of her radiation treatments. She figures since her breast cancer spread to her brain, she must have "tit for brains." It keeps her laughing, which is good, cause her hair fell out yesterday.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I love spinning people over my head. Way to model being a big and strong girl for them.

My aunt got a "Fight like a girl" shirt yesterday and she's wearing it to the rest of her radiation treatments. She figures since her breast cancer spread to her brain, she must have "tit for brains." It keeps her laughing, which is good, cause her hair fell out yesterday.

I'm so sorry about your aunt. Positive thoughts for you and for her.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I'm so sorry about your aunt. Positive thoughts for you and for her.

Thanks, Sasha. It is expected that if the radiation that she's doing right now works, she'll be in remission (or whatever they call it) for however long untill her next metastisis shows up. Her original cancer was 6 years ago.

If her MRI in 6 weeks shows any growth at all in the tumors (on her cerebellum and her brainstem) then she would have less than 6 months. I think way less, cause you know, that brainstem is really key in the whole breathing thing.

I have no idea what we'll do if her tumor is growing. I wonder if I would bring my kids out here, or what. She has a small house, and can't tolerate noise, so we'd have to stay somewhere else. I just don't know. I do know that I can't leave my kids home for more than a week, and I can't afford to fly out here more than once or maybe twice more.

Well, that was me puking that all up all over the place. I'm going to leave it, since it's 100% directionless.

Anjel

Forum Angel
My prayers are with you and your aunt Dana.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
My prayers are with you and your aunt Dana.

Thanks, Anjel. The great thing is that I've reconnected with my cousins and hopefully one of them who is having some life trouble might come live with us. He's a medic wanna-be, so it would be really good for him and us.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I spent all day in the cadaver lab...dinner is not very appealing right now. Sorry to whoevers grandma we practiced surgical skills on today!

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I spent all day in the cadaver lab...dinner is not very appealing right now. Sorry to whoevers grandma we practiced surgical skills on today!

Don't be sorry, she gave her body so that you could be better educated to perform on live patients. It's exactly why I want to be donated as a cadaver upon death.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Don't be sorry, she gave her body so that you could be better educated to perform on live patients. It's exactly why I want to be donated as a cadaver upon death.

Very true. It was absolutely fascinating, just not good for the appetite.

We were at the University's med school and there were a few med students doing a dissection of the abdominal and thoracic cavity. It was very cool of them to let us "read over their shoulders" and actually see it in real life rather than just in pictures and descriptions.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Just did some research and found out you can have your cremated remains returned to your family 4 to 6 weeks after donating your body to science. This eliminates the major hang up I had concerning doing it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
On another note, why does ITLS seem like a giant book of review + way too many surveys?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
They are painful!

The ACLS algorithms do help, I will admit it.

But I missed an ITLS question because the correct answer was "Request ALS". I am ALS!!! In the scenarios presented to us during class at least. grrrr haha. I'm not stoked for the next 2 days. At least we get to do the scenario based class rather than death-by-powerpoint.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
so I had an entertaining text conversation between myself and one of my classmates to post.

but I somehow cannot for the life of me figure out how to post an IMG from flickr. Surgical Skills, check. People Skills, check. Knowledge, questionable. Ability with technology, FAIL!

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
so I had an entertaining text conversation between myself and one of my classmates to post.

but I somehow cannot for the life of me figure out how to post an IMG from flickr. Surgical Skills, check. People Skills, check. Knowledge, questionable. Ability with technology, FAIL!

You should just be able to right click the image, click "save image location" and then paste it here.

So, I recently informed someone that I didn't want to pursue a relationship with them and now it seems every status update they have something along the lines of "boys sucks" or "why would they do this to me". I'm questioning if it should really be making me feel this bad...:ph34r:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yo tengo MacBook Pro, no "save image location" option.

Don't let it make you feel bad, as long as you know you didn't. Even then, let bygones be bygones.

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Rob, would you like to PM me the link and I'll post it for you?

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well that didn't work...I feel defeated once again.

And I can't get this song out of my head.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
389700_2610146539638_646420178_n.jpg

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

When you said it was giant, I didn't think you meant it was THAT big.