the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Sasha

Forum Chief
Follow the man, follow the man with his pockets full of the jam. Follow the man, follow the man help me out daddy if you can.

I am in a RENT mood.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Signature of Release. In the case of tonight, meaning, I called the ambulance for a really stupid reason, and now don't want to go to the hospital.

Right. We call them "refusals." Sometimes that means the patient refused, sometimes that means the medic refused. YMMV. :rolleyes:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Definitely almost got shot just now! Phew!!

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I carry a vest in my rig for sketchy calls. haha maybe you'd like to invest in one too? lol

Our boxes all have vests on them. The call started off fine, just began escalating very quickly. Besides, are you going to put your vest on in the middle of a call? Then what good does it do you.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Our boxes all have vests on them. The call started off fine, just began escalating very quickly. Besides, are you going to put your vest on in the middle of a call? Then what good does it do you.

hmm.... I guess you'd just be SOL... I use mine when I get one of those "bad feelings"

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
hmm.... I guess you'd just be SOL... I use mine when I get one of those "bad feelings"

Lol the area I work, every call has the potential for a bad feeling :p Just keep my fingers crossed ;)

JPINFV

Gadfly
I carry a vest in my rig for sketchy calls. haha maybe you'd like to invest in one too? lol

The problem with that thought process is that the vest doesn't protect you when it's sitting in the rig. If provided, it's probably something that should be worn full time instead of just the calls you think are going to be dangerous.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
The problem with that thought process is that the vest doesn't protect you when it's sitting in the rig. If provided, it's probably something that should be worn full time instead of just the calls you think are going to be dangerous.

Agreed, but being the service I used to work for only contracted backup 911 for the FD the majority of my calls were IFT. I usually didn't take the time to grab it and throw it on, I'll definitely rethink that if and when I get on with a full time 911 contracted service.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Americone Dream for breakfast

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I have a feeling today is going to be a boring day :/

Gray

Forum Lieutenant
Rainy day breakfast at the Colinade then off shopping with the wife and outlaws

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
T-Bell for lunch for rizzle.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
There's party planners and party goers. I obviously need to stay in the latter category

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Why do people in emergency services somehow think that because they voluntarily took on the risks inherent of their voluntarily chosen career, that they should be put on a pedistal?

Why do people in emergency services somehow think that because they don't make the top 10 list for "dangerous jobs" based on fatality, that basing it on fatality is somehow misleading? Do we really want to say, "Hey, look, it's not fair that we don't suck at risk mitigation?"

Is a provider who insists on being placed on a pedestal because they work in emergency services anyway different than uppity physicians who think they are unquestionable simply because they are a physician? If it's widely recognized that physicians who act like that resemble the South-bound end of a North-bound horse, then shouldn't the same be said about emergency providers who think that they need to proclaim how much of a "hero" they are because of the career they choose with their own free will?

Sasha

Forum Chief
Because we are special.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I'm only a hero when I'm trying to bring a girl home :rofl: