the 100% directionless thread

Sasha

Forum Chief
I swear bystanders/accident victims are like ADHD kindergardeners. Stopped at an accident and they kept trying to wander back into the road. Literally took them, sat them down and told them DO NOT move until a cop gets there and tells you that you can.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Anjel

Forum Angel
I swear bystanders/accident victims are like ADHD kindergardeners. Stopped at an accident and they kept trying to wander back into the road. Literally took them, sat them down and told them DO NOT move until a cop gets there and tells you that you can.

Did you stop on duty or off duty?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Accident-gawker/stoppers are just as bad. "Hey, let's walk up to the vehicle leaking fuel with glass and metal everywhere and ask the ambulance, fire engine and multiple cop cars if they need help!"

I just give them a stern "Go back to your vehicle".

I've found out that working in EMS, the way to get people to do what you want / need is to treat them like they're a little kid and you're the adult. If you're nice, they'll ignore you.. if you're blunt, they might not like you but they'll listen. Works for bystanders AND crazy patients alike.

Sasha

Forum Chief
On the job. We also got attacked by a dog. Wtf is it about today.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Welcome back, you were missed. I hope you stick around!

Thanks! I may just do that; can't cut EMS/FD out of my system that easily!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yep most of my county seems to be on fire right now

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
Funny... I had a "I'll call 911, then refuse transport, then call them back 10 minutes later, but leave the scene before they get there, but then call them to my house 10 minutes after that and still not want to go to the hospital"

In my service our protocol is that if we get called back to a house a second time in a 24 hour period, and they refuse transport again we are to remain on scene and call in an officer to give them a lecture on abusing the 911 system. Usually after hearing about fines and possible jail time they refuse to go.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
When we were called to the house, it was about 1am and I had already nearly had a yelling match with them the first time on scene ("Why you asking me questions? Don't ask me questions, just check my damn blood sugar!") so I actually did call an officer to come on in with us.

Funny thing? The officer is a Brit who used to be a Paramedic in the UK, so she understood completely.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I got pee on my boot.

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
I'm considering volunteering to go on a medical trip to a third world country again. Alot to consider since I got sick and almost died in Haiti. And my girlfriend would kill me if I died.

Sasha

Forum Chief
What is that sound? Oh my tummy rumbling. Im freaking starving.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Sounds like somebody forgot to pack some food.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Sounds like somebody forgot to pack some food.

Not, i havent been to the store to stock lunchy things so im buying lunch

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Still trying to kill those New Yorks and taters I made on Friday

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I love those 0300 calls.....Heard another crew going on this one last night.

"805 respond to milepost 123 on highway 789 for a male, down, lying in the ditch with a traffic cone on his head, breathing, RP unable to get a response from him."

They are in route for about 3 mins when fire calls them up.

"805 this Engine 45. Subject states he is intoxicated, too tired to make it home and he is just sleeping it off. Refused any care. SO has him in custody and you can disregard."

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.