the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow! 6'8" makes me feel short and I'm about 6'2". (Maybe 6'3". Haven't checked in a while:p) So Sapphyre, you are about the same hight as one of my favorite partners. We have had pts ask us before how we manage to lift the gurney together!

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
I am trying to get traveling plans worked out after recieving a very short notice from my new employer about needing a lifeguard cert. :glare: :mellow:
oh well. B)

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
For all you geeks like me... :)

So, I know you all have waited for 6 1/2 years for this, but it's back...

A new STAR TREK movie premiers today. The last movie came out in Dec 2002 and the last series went off the air in May 2005. Since it’s original air date on NBC in 1966 (43 years) Star Trek has been an pop culture icon. Despite its 4 year “death”, it may well be back… hold your breath that this movie doesn’t suck…

I'm leaving soon to go see it... pray for it's safe cannon return... -_-

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
Post how you liked it! I want to see it, started watching back in '95 (keep in mind I am only 21 lol).

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
The movie has recieved positive reviews all around from what I've seen. I'm in no rush to see it though. I'll wait until it goes to the $1.50 show.

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
Aye, I was gonna go at some random weekday/time. To keep it cheap if I do go.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Aye, I was gonna go at some random weekday/time. To keep it cheap if I do go.

Yeah, but even the afternoon shows are about $5 around here. I usually always wait until it goes to the $1.50 theatre, unless it's something I really want to see.

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
True enough..maybe I will just go online and..nvm that could get me in trouble to say >.>

DUNKIN!!!! HELL YA!!! and dennys

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
so there have been 4 fires in the front country of santa barbara in the last 19 years. 3 of those 4 have been in the last 8 months. this is my second evacuation in the last 8 months. but we got the dc-10 today!

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Post how you liked it! I want to see it, started watching back in '95 (keep in mind I am only 21 lol).

EXCELLENT!!!!! I have been a trekie since the early 90's (from a family of them) and can rightly be called a geek... I can recite the Star Trek Encyclapedias and Tech Manuals inside and out... and proud of it. I was worried that this new reincarnation of the franchise would butcher what I know and love and I can say with 100% confidence that this is a great new chapter, that in no way destroys what we love, and is the rebirth of the franchise... here comes another 43 years. YA!!! :)

I won't reveal anything. You have to see it... now... go... get to a theater NOW... :excl:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
you know what words don't exist in Klingon?

girlfriend

Real cute, Kaisu. ^_^

You know what the bible says? "The geek shall inherit the earth."

Honestly, I have three criteria for any girl I want to be with. 1. They have to love my pets. 2. They have to love (or at least tolerate) my interests (inclding Trek, fihing, backpacking). 3. They have to share an interest in my desire to help others (i.e SAR, EMS, etc...) I have met a few who "understand me", but none who have "survived me". :p

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
just funnin ya Mnt... I married a geek - that weird mind of his is good for endless hours of entertainment... and so far I'm surviving him...
take care

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
EXCELLENT!!!!! I have been a trekie since the early 90's (from a family of them) and can rightly be called a geek... I can recite the Star Trek Encyclapedias and Tech Manuals inside and out... and proud of it. I was worried that this new reincarnation of the franchise would butcher what I know and love and I can say with 100% confidence that this is a great new chapter, that in no way destroys what we love, and is the rebirth of the franchise... here comes another 43 years. YA!!! :)

I won't reveal anything. You have to see it... now... go... get to a theater NOW... :excl:

I was really expecting it to be too focused on action/CGI, but that's not the case??

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief

I can't, I have to work!!!! And, my fellow geek husband, saw it last night.... :sad:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
just funnin ya Mnt... I married a geek - that weird mind of his is good for endless hours of entertainment... and so far I'm surviving him...
take care

Ya, I know… I laugh at myself sometimes; you have to if you are a closet geek like me.:blush:

I was really expecting it to be too focused on action/CGI, but that's not the case??

A lot of Action and CGI, but a great storyline and character development. I was very cynical of the liberties that they were taking with my beloved trek, but they way the story was spun, it works 100%. Watch it, and you will realize by the end that the producers have wiped the slate clean and, while acknowledging the 43 years of great Trek, can basically start anew and revive what was otherwise a dead franchise. :)

I can't, I have to work!!!! And, my fellow geek husband, saw it last night.... :sad:

What an a**! But he loved it right? :p

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
YUP!!!! He loved it, of course, once I asked him about it, he wouldn't stop talking. EWWWW, Spoilers!!!!

That is why I refuse to say anything past... "GO... SEE.... IT.... NOW!!!" :p