the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Headedd back to the station from the second call since bedtime for patients whose problem's onset time is measured in weeks. Awesome.

I always ask "this problem has been going on for weeks. What made you call us at 2:30 in the morning?" I word it so the patient doesn't get mad tho lol

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I always ask "this problem has been going on for weeks. What made you call us at 2:30 in the morning?" I word it so the patient doesn't get mad tho lol

"What changed this evening that made you call 911?" Like im fishing for the sudden serious event that made the world stop turning.

This lady had a flight in the morning, and her daughter didn't think she should go if she was confused. Go figure.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I love my job. Im getting paid to sit and sight see while the club is letting out. And my newly single partner is falling all over himself at what he sees.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
"What changed this evening that made you call 911?" Like im fishing for the sudden serious event that made the world stop turning.

This lady had a flight in the morning, and her daughter didn't think she should go if she was confused. Go figure.

Oddly enough, my preceptor asked that exact same question to a patient she had awhile ago and she got a complaint filed against her :/

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Todays was a neuro day for me,

3 seizures (1 epilepsy, 1 febrile, 1 unknown/first occurrence)
1 stroke/TIA

Oh get this! I think it was Sunday/Monday. On Sunday, the day crew brought in 4 stroke pts, two of which ended up being priority 1 and needed air ambulance activation. Then Sunday night, when I was on, we picked up another stroke, our only call, who was transferred ground CCT to the stroke center. Then Monday day, I was on again and we picked up two strokes, both of which needed air amb transport to the center. That was 7 strokes in three shifts, 4 were flown out and one was ground transferred. The other two just stayed at the local hospital here.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Nice 98 degree heat, (104index), 30mile bike ride, 25miles of it is directly on the river and lake. Good first day off :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310586829.315085.jpg

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
In Minneapolis. I'll be at the new job in a couple of days. Thank god. I'm getting tired of this drive.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
In Minneapolis. I'll be at the new job in a couple of days. Thank god. I'm getting tired of this drive.

I promise I won't complain about my 15 hour drive to test after hearing about how long your move is :p

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Anyone know any good, clean tattoo artists in San Diego?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Got the ink bug, eh Adam?

As for an artist, last time I was in SD I was too young to get a tattoo. Lol!

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
This whole starting a website/blog thing is pretty fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Fire support day for the last two days, which has meant a shyte load of heat exposure patients.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Got the ink bug, eh Adam?

As for an artist, last time I was in SD I was too young to get a tattoo. Lol!

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

Yup, had the ink itch for a while now, finally decided what I'm going to get put on my body for the rest of my life ^_^

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston