the 100% directionless thread

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
I had eight teeth out at a time with only novocaine :(

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
My best friend is a dentist and I volunteered to be one of his patients for the licensing test. On day one he shot me full of novacaine I was numb for 6 hours and I whined about it, so he next day he went easy on the Caine and oops it wore off halfway thru and in walks the tester. So I had to sit there and pretend I couldn't feel a thing while he drilled on me. I will never let him forget that his career hinged on my pain tolerance.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
My best friend is a dentist and I volunteered to be one of his patients for the licensing test. On day one he shot me full of novacaine I was numb for 6 hours and I whined about it, so he next day he went easy on the Caine and oops it wore off halfway thru and in walks the tester. So I had to sit there and pretend I couldn't feel a thing while he drilled on me. I will never let him forget that his career hinged on my pain tolerance.

Geez, aren't you an awesome friend lol

Anjel

Forum Angel
39min 30 seconds

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Guess it'll be work tomorrow with a hangover. Hoping it's a busy day

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Did a bunch of driving... I'm parked in Butte Montana. The dog is snoozing at the foot of my bed and I'm chillin' in a nice comfy bed. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to make it to Bismark.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
60 on, 24 off, 36 on, 36 off, 36 on. Yep, this weeks gonna suck.

I'd take that. I"d like some OT... I hate being only allowed to work up to a max of 36 scheduled hours a week

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I promise if your service ever calls me back I'd be the perfect OT :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: partner :p

bigbaldguy

Is it just me or does everyone have a blog these days.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Quite possibly. I know I've had mine close to three years in one form or another (blogspot to wordpress to now my own domain name), and the number of blogs has skyrocketed in that time, especially EMS blogs

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Mom and I just ran through the sprinklers at 1130 at night. I haven't done that since I lived in Florida. :p

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
You're both suckers. I had two teeth pulled as a kid to get me ready for braces. Untranquilized with local anesthetic. I got a prescription for Vicodin, but only ended up taking one or two doses.

Nah, you just didn't have your insurance pay for a Consultant anaesthetist like Brown's did.

Brown: You're a Consultant right?
Anaesthetist: Yes
Brown: Excellent, hey is that fentanyl or midazolam?
Anaesthetist: It's fentanyl, now sniff and tell me what nostril feels clearer
Brown: Oh man, you're not ....
Anaesthetist: Yeah, I am going to nasally intubate you
Brown: Aw man, got any lignocaine spray?
Anaesthetist: Yeah I forgot,here, lets get these drugs going, night!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I promise if your service ever calls me back I'd be the perfect OT :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: partner :p

Of no use to me since only another medic can take my spot :sad:

Atleast when an EMT takes off, another EMT, Intermediate or Paramedic can work that spot, which is what happened yesterday. My partner called off, and I worked with an EMT for an hour, an Intermediate for 10 hours, and a Paramedic the rest of the night.

bigbaldguy

Funny you should mention that...

Badger is now on the blogosphere. Got myself a domain name, and wordpress set up on it.

Awesome engage the addy I'll ad you to the list of blogs I bookmark and intend to read but never quite get around to reading because I'm to busy posting random things on emtlife

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Awesome engage the addy I'll ad you to the list of blogs I bookmark and intend to read but never quite get around to reading because I'm to busy posting random things on emtlife

Once I get it set up the way I like, I'll shoot you the address.