the 100% directionless thread

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Great calls today.

Had a lady get a condom stuck in her rectum. Called us hoping we could take it out, so she didn't have to goto the hospital.

Then had an 11yo electrocute himself (he's fine. Arm is just numb and twitching).

And just had a pneumothorax, that turned out to be a giant pleural effusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Had a lady get a condom stuck in her rectum. Called us hoping we could take it out, so she didn't have to goto the hospital.

...if only there was something that could push the condom out given enough time... Almost like something was trying to escape...

Anjel

Forum Angel
...if only there was something that could push the condom out given enough time... Almost like something was trying to escape...

lmao!!!!!!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Just FYI, electrocute means they're dead ^_^

I had a single car MVC, a guy fell 15+ feet out of the bucket of a bucket loader, a cardiac arrest, and backed up a truck on the most rank smelling rectal bleed yesterday.

While working the cardiac arrest yesterday, and being the only Paramedic on scene meaning I had to run the code, work the monitor, do the lines, gives the drugs, monitor the EMTs doing compressions and ventilations(2 of the 3 first responders hadn't done a code, apparently), make sure my EMT student got to do some stuff, AND talk to the family (though my EMT put in a King airway):

Daughter: This is just a diabetic thing, right?
Me: No, her heart has stopped, we're doing CPR and giving medications to try to restart it.
Daughter: Oh... that's not good is it?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Just FYI, electrocute means they're dead ^_^

I had a single car MVC, a guy fell 15+ feet out of the bucket of a bucket loader, a cardiac arrest, and backed up a truck on the most rank smelling rectal bleed yesterday.
7_-_Tim_Murphy_Jurassic_Park_.jpg

Disagrees...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
AKA electrocuted. :p

It is with deep regret that I must pass on this information as proof that the world will end in 2012...

Linuss is correct

From the definition of electrocuted:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/electrocuted
e·lec·tro·cute   [ih-lek-truh-kyoot]
–verb (used with object), -cut·ed, -cut·ing.
to kill by electricity.
to execute (a criminal) by electricity, as in an electric chair.

Now excuse me while I go build an underground bunker to survive the oncoming Apocalypse.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
It is with deep regret that I must pass on this information as proof that the world will end in 2012...

Linuss is correct

From the definition of electrocuted:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/electrocuted

Now excuse me while I go build an underground bunker to survive the oncoming Apocalypse.

Technically, maybe.

But if you tell someone a patient was electrocuted, they'll understand. So, I disagree.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
There is telling a patient they were electrocuted, and telling a doctor the patient was electrocuted. Only one will chew your *** :rolleyes:

Tommerag

What day is it?
What have I done? I am posting from a mac and owning one for the first time ever

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
There is telling a patient they were electrocuted, and telling a doctor the patient was electrocuted. Only one will chew your *** :rolleyes:

Well.. I was given report by an MD, and a nurse... both used the term. I gave report to a doc, and used the term.

"Hey, Doc. This kid was electrocuted at about 1115 today. His only complaint is numbness in his left arm."

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
If it said I kept logging in and out on the chat, it's cause I keeps booting me for some reason. <_<

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Well.. I was given report by an MD, and a nurse... both used the term. I gave report to a doc, and used the term.

"Hey, Doc. This kid was electrocuted at about 1115 today. His only complaint is numbness in his left arm."

You got nice doctors. I heard a medic getting his butt chewed one time for saying drowning victim during his radio report.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
You got nice doctors. I heard a medic getting his butt chewed one time for saying drowning victim during his radio report.

Well, that was foolish of him. Drowning and electrocution are two separate things.

JPINFV

Gadfly
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW8KbFh1RSM[/youtube]