the 100% directionless thread

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Yah 2003 and 2000 have really been the only successful years for our program. but 2000 was PSA. Actually we started 2003 as PSA to but got bumped at the Indy regional.

Sasha

Forum Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Class starts in 8 days! :D I want it to start now!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I had Sunday, yesterday, today and tomorrow off... Do I feel lazy? Sure, but who cares, that's what days off are for!

I'm loving it.

Except next week, where I work a 24, then do two 8hr days of mandatory PCR training since we're switching PCRs, then have another 24, which means I'm spending 4 days away from home instead of doing the 3hr drive back and forth each day.

8jimi8

CFRN
Awaiting official confirmation email on EMT I-85 Course Completion.

8jimi8

CFRN
I had Sunday, yesterday, today and tomorrow off... Do I feel lazy? Sure, but who cares, that's what days off are for!

I'm loving it.

Except next week, where I work a 24, then do two 8hr days of mandatory PCR training since we're switching PCRs, then have another 24, which means I'm spending 4 days away from home instead of doing the 3hr drive back and forth each day.

6 days in a row, with thoughts on streching it out to 11 then taking 2 days off and then 5 more on.

45 minute commute every day.

but im gettin paid annnnd... i'll have enough hours for my CCRN 6 months if i keep my pace.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Jimi.. back in the academy, I was doing 5x 9hr days in a row, with 3hr drives each way, for 3 weeks.

Plus, I do 24hr shifts now and my station is a 100min drive, so I leave at 5am, work 24, and get home at 9am the next day

AND you get paid more :p

medic417

The Truth Provider
Plus, I do 24hr shifts now and my station is a 100min drive, so I leave at 5am, work 24, and get home at 9am the next day

AND you get paid more :p

Well I drive 220 minutes to work. So I leave at 3am, work a 48hr shift, then drive 220 miles back home get there about 1pm.

Now I get paid more than you................:p

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Meh, starting Saturday I'll be driving nearly 3 hours for a 24 hour shift at my second FTO station. Leave at 4am, home by 10am if allowed off on time.

But my company is also paying mileage since I'm being forced to drive further than my normal station...

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I drive .7 miles to my station. ^_^

I like where I live (just down the road from my family) and I like where I work... I can make the sacrifice :D

Though come April-ish, I'll probably move to where it splits the ride in half.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Skiing today. w00t!!!

I'm on lunch break now. It is colder than all get out on the peak though. 3 degrees with a 15 mph wind. Brrrrrrrrrr..........

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Skiing today. w00t!!!

I'm on lunch break now. It is colder than all get out on the peak though. 3 degrees with a 15 mph wind. Brrrrrrrrrr..........

*Gives look of envy.*

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I drive .7 miles to my station. ^_^

1 mile to my primary station, 90 miles to PRN #1, 50 miles to PRN #2, and 70 miles to class (x2 a week this semester plus however many clinical shifts I have). And those are all one way numbers

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh god........sigh.

I dunno how ones day can go from the best day in a long time to just plain old crappy in the space of a few hours.

I won't even go into it because #1 I am sure you COULDN'T care less, #2 it is probably so boring you might go kill yourself and #3, it don't do any good to complain anyways.

So anyhow..............yea, I don't know, whatever.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh god........sigh.

I dunno how ones day can go from the best day in a long time to just plain old crappy in the space of a few hours.

I won't even go into it because #1 I am sure you COULDN'T care less, #2 it is probably so boring you might go kill yourself and #3, it don't do any good to complain anyways.

*Brown drags Lights into the kitchen, sits him down with some of Browns super fudgealicious chocolate super brownie cake and tells him Brown has ways of making him talk

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Oh god........sigh.

Girly?