the 100% directionless thread

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
The 80's were a good decade I was in my teens to early 20's during that decade. I also like the 70's it was during that decade that I first saw Johnny and Roy on TV.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
The 1990s were awesome, back in the day

Brown was accosted by a strange man girdle wearing future nymphomaniac lawyer carrying a Lifepak 10 on a Tuesday evening in 1991 and has never been the same since!

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Come on Arizona!! You guys were doing so great in the first half!!!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Dear citizens : two year old aerobid is not a proper rescue inhaler. Neither is Advair, no matter what your friends cousins neighbor said when they gave it to you...

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
c/c of the evening: "my farts smell like mold."

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Grand-dad died today under hospice care. Nurse called for an officer to write a report, but a fire/ems truck showed up and the medics were going to run a strip. I think the dispatcher didn't know what to do when called by the nurse.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Grand-dad died today under hospice care. Nurse called for an officer to write a report, but a fire/ems truck showed up and the medics were going to run a strip. I think the dispatcher didn't know what to do when called by the nurse.

Sorry for you loss! :sad:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief

I am sorry to hear about your loss.

I just want to point out though, that to be fair, we've run into tricky situations in which people call in a DOA and claim the patient is in hospice care and doesn't need an EMS response, but then it turns out it's just an unlicensed caregiver or family member, and the DNR is not valid or what not and then we get calls from other family members hysterical demanding response and resus. It stinks but when you're not actually there to feel out the situation, it's often better safe than sorry, especially when protocols call for dual response in such situations. So please don't be mad at the dispatcher. I've taken more than one call from "nurses" who I'd bet $100 were nothing close to being one.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
You do not want to know what my farts smell like. It has been known to set off WMD alarms. :):)

I have to admit, that was one of my first thoughts. Moldy farts... pssh! My boyfriend routinely rips ones that smell like dead things and I don't call 911!

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Went on a date tonight, and in the middle of the date her phone rings, its her friend saying "Hey can you come over to watch our son (Who is 10 months old) while we go out tonight?" Yeah, date was over... she went over there...

Realized what it feels like when I get called to work in the middle of the date and have to leave :huh:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Went on a date tonight, and in the middle of the date her phone rings, its her friend saying "Hey can you come over to watch our son (Who is 10 months old) while we go out tonight?" Yeah, date was over... she went over there...

Realized what it feels like when I get called to work in the middle of the date and have to leave :huh:

Psh that's kinda lame though. Big difference between voluntary non-emergent babysitting and work.

Are you sure she didn't arrange such a call with her friend? :p It's a common lady trick - my best friend and I routinely coordinated such calls before dates. If the date was going well - ignore the call. If it was going truly South in a bad way - pick it up and use it as an excuse. :rolleyes: Just sayin'.... sorry if I'm letting the cat out of the bag for anyone who uses such a method.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Psh that's kinda lame though. Big difference between voluntary non-emergent babysitting and work.

Are you sure she didn't arrange such a call with her friend? :p It's a common lady trick - my best friend and I routinely coordinated such calls before dates. If the date was going well - ignore the call. If it was going truly South in a bad way - pick it up and use it as an excuse. :rolleyes: Just sayin'.... sorry if I'm letting the cat out of the bag for anyone who uses such a method.

Girls are not the only one to use that!!!! I have used it a few times to get some of my good friends who are guys out of some interesting situations lol...

I thought it was going good... But hey I am just a guy lol what do I know :p

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
My upcoming shift:

Overnight: A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Calm wind. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Saturday: Snow. High near 35. South southeast wind between 3 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow showers likely, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 29. East wind at 7 mph becoming west northwest. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Texas Ill Trade you weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WVEmt

Forum Crew Member

ouch

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I wish it was raining.

medic417

The Truth Provider
It's sunny.B)