the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Well, what does it mean to be worthy of the patch?

Of course it's subjective to each person but the mindset of not bothering to get involved because you're legally obligated to?

Depending on laws, if you see ineffective bystander CPR, would you say something, knowing that good uninterrupted CPR is vital to minimizing any brain damage, or would you shrug and not speak up or act going "Eh, they'll be okay or they won't. Not my issue"

Just act like a decent person.

No. You didn't make that person drunk. And you don't condone drunk driving. But you see this and then turn a blind eye and the guy drives off and kills someone, injures someone, causes damage to public or private property?

How can you act like "Well I did what I needed to do"

I don't get it.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Then the next day you're on the clock and suddenly you "care" (to the extent required by law/job)?

It's laughable.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I was trying to make the conversation more general

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I was trying to make the conversation more general

Well, generally if you see something, would you do the same thing to a loved one? Would the negative affects be acceptable to an innocent person even if they are a stranger?

Are your actions or words something you don't want in the news? Would you want your boss or friends to know?

If you believe in a higher power, would they see that as something good?

Would you want your children to see it as a role model. If you were in this position, what would you want done?

Just have some respect for others, not just yourself. And have some for yourself if you have none.

KingCountyMedic

Forum Lieutenant
@DragonClaw

The dude was a stranger, you should have called LEO. Most drunk drivers do it on a regular basis (many daily)

He could have pulled a gun or knife, injured you or another innocent bystander etc.

He could have been a Dexter with a body in the trunk, who knows? I admire your compassion/empathy but you also need to use common sense and no when to not put yourself at risk. :)

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
@DragonClaw

The dude was a stranger, you should have called LEO. Most drunk drivers do it on a regular basis (many daily)

He could have pulled a gun or knife, injured you or another innocent bystander etc.

He could have been a Dexter with a body in the trunk, who knows? I admire your compassion/empathy but you also need to use common sense and no when to not put yourself at risk. :)

I mean I wouldn't have done anything alone, that's for sure.

And I agree, maybe I don't make the most right NREMT choice the first time, but I still couldn't just watch.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Just pretend you are a security guard. Observe and report.

Seirende

Live and learn

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Judge let my cousin out on a PR Bond after lowering it from 60K and no bond to 20 k.

Someone's legit gonna get killed.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Mother Nature sounds pissed off outside. Cloud to ground strike right outside my house. Sounds like someone dropped a 1,000 pound JDAM in my driveway.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I wasn't on duty.....

And when they get back in the truck and kill someone, YOU are going to be responsible. YOU are going to be sued.

I’ve said it before: you have much to learn and are in a hurry to show everyone that you know more than them. You need a lot more life experience before you move on.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
And when they get back in the truck and kill someone, YOU are going to be responsible. YOU are going to be sued.

I’ve said it before: you have much to learn and are in a hurry to show everyone that you know more than them. You need a lot more life experience before you move on.

Legally how am I any more responsible after than before? I'm not being snarky. Genuinely asking.

Seirende

It was a kind of ok day. Gotta have one of those once in a while.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Home sleep study tonight.

One last day of class. I've leaned a lot so far.

Then two days of EVOC.

Then on the 31st I'm in shift as a trainee. Already have my shift,FTO and station.

What all should I bring for shift? I'm not used to being able to go to a station or anything.

. What's bad station etiquette?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
What's bad station etiquette?

Not cleaning up after your damn self. After working for both a private ambulance service (12's and 24's) and a fire department. I can't figure out why people don't spend 5 minutes of their shift to clean the damn station. Too many times at my old ambulance company my partner would park their *** in the recliner/ chair while the station sits ****ed off. It's amazing what 5-10 minutes of cleaning can do to improve a place.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Not cleaning up after your damn self. After working for both a private ambulance service (12's and 24's) and a fire department. I can't figure out why people don't spend 5 minutes of their shift to clean the damn station. Too many times at my old ambulance company my partner would park their *** in the recliner/ chair while the station sits ****ed off. It's amazing what 5-10 minutes of cleaning can do to improve a place.
This. We have people ***** and complain everyday about how dirty the stations are but there were only a couple of people who would actually do anything about it. They would expect the supervisors to come out and clean the stations which is not what they should be doing. I always hated coming into a station that a crew was at uninterrupted for 5 hours to find the trash can overflowing, empty water bottles everywhere, and the bathroom being an absolute disaster.

It takes 5 minutes to do your dishes after a meal. It takes 5 minutes to vacuum a small room, it takes 5 minutes to mop a bathroom.