the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
God, cutting is awful. I like food. I just want to eat like a fat kid again, but no...
You're doing it wrong. Instead of cutting food, you should cut in line to get your food. Get on my level kid.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
You're doing it wrong. Instead of cutting food, you should cut in line to get your food. Get on my level kid.
Preach on!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
E5941368-9C64-4312-A8E7-598556A16898.jpeg

Wife and I tried our hand at homemade salsbury steak. It came out better than we’d expected.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Have a preceptee. No call sheets for me unless its CCT. What a wonderful thing after last night's *** kicking.
You're a preceptor? I've been kind of wanting to become a preceptor. People keep asking me.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
View attachment 5004
Wife and I tried our hand at homemade salsbury steak. It came out better than we’d expected.

I use two pressure cookers simultaneously. One does the rice and veggies, the other does the main course and/or another side.

Right now I just dropped in bay leaf rice and mixed bell peppers (all colors) with salt pepper and oregano. Rice will get fresh squeezed lime when it's done.

In the big one I've got chicken I've been marinating for 24 hours plus. Honey BBQ, lemon juice, fresh chopped garlic, apple juice, etc. I put it on a bed of fresh home grown chopped basil and fresh cut pineapple.

I'm stoked to see how it tastes. 😛

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Tidied up the apartment a bit today, put in laundry. Been relaxing.

I still need to organize a lot of stuff though.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Have a preceptee. No call sheets for me unless its CCT. What a wonderful thing after last night's *** kicking.
Similar boat. First trainee in who knows how long. First official flight paramedic trainee. It sure is nice not doing the charts on the days the trainee is there. PT trainee means PT hours, but the breaks are always welcomed.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I use two pressure cookers simultaneously. One does the rice and veggies, the other does the main course and/or another side.

Right now I just dropped in bay leaf rice and mixed bell peppers (all colors) with salt pepper and oregano. Rice will get fresh squeezed lime when it's done.

In the big one I've got chicken I've been marinating for 24 hours plus. Honey BBQ, lemon juice, fresh chopped garlic, apple juice, etc. I put it on a bed of fresh home grown chopped basil and fresh cut pineapple.

I'm stoked to see how it tastes. 😛

Ok now I'm hungry...

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Similar boat. First trainee in who knows how long. First official flight paramedic trainee. It sure is nice not doing the charts on the days the trainee is there. PT trainee means PT hours, but the breaks are always welcomed.
It absolutely is. I imagine y'alls charts are all kinds of fugly too.

I got the short end of the stick. Yesterday was infected drug use sites, GSW's, leg fractures, and basically everyone getting lines and or meds for the entirety of the day. Today? Pick gramma off the floor and stuff and a nice easy pace. Ohwell, a break is a break.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
You're a preceptor? I've been kind of wanting to become a preceptor. People keep asking me.
Not officially an FTO. I really enjoy it, but honestly think I'd get bored as one here. Our turnover is so crazy that I'd never really get to lead calls anymore because I'd constantly have a trainee. But I've been here long enough that they will use me in a pinch or can swap me with FTO's. I love getting new hires and students on occasion though.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Today's movie marathon will be the entire Danny Ocean series (original and remakes)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I imagine y'alls charts are all kinds of fugly too.
We don’t “team chart” per se like other programs do. The paramedic does the scene charts and the nurse does the IFT charting.

Sometimes we’ll split some of it, but by and large it’s that way.

With the exception of the more dynamic scene calls (i.e., RSI’s), there’s not too big a difference, just added interventions. It’s the same program company-wide. Once you’ve established a flow it’s not too bad.

All that said, seeing how my shift seems to be right around the 85-90% scene mark since last November, I’m down for another paramedic to teach. Plus, again, it’s been years...
That looks amazing, if I got that at a restaurant I wouldn’t be disappointed at all.
It certainly turned out well. Especially since my only other true experience with the dish was basically Hungry Man TV dinners. But, I figured what the hell, if some 13 y/o on a cooking show could do it...

I’m still very much the sous chef in the kitchen though. The Wife did tease me for the size of my “steaks” (in the picture).

I have no regrets.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Today's movie marathon will be the entire Danny Ocean series (original and remakes)
I initially read Billy Ocean, haha. Music marathon-wise, I’m currently on a bit of a Fleetwood Mac kick.