the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
FP = flight medic. They’ll have a CCRN with them because it’s an air CCT. Has nothing to do with insurance on their end, it’s a transfer to a higher lvl of care facility.
I don't mean literal insurance

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
As a receiving facility, most sending facilities are not prepared either in training and/or equipment to stabilize complex patients.

We rely on our transport teams to stabilize patients so that they can make it to our facility. In fact we often send out our primary or specialty teams to ensure that the patient is able to make it to us safely.
This. What we frequently run into is that the hospital will have too many critical patients with limited resources in the ED at the time we arrive. Once we arrive we are typically left alone unless we ask for help.
I understand that, but knowing that he’s a FP I’m not sure it was a SNF that was sending. And lower tier hospitals usually do not have helipads either. I’ll wait for Desert to elaborate.
The vast majority of our hospitals in my area do have helipads, even the ones who are just a bandaid center, one of the joys of being in the desert is that there is plenty of room to build and the helipads do not have to be on the roof of the facility but can rather be in a parking lot. We do have one hospital that does not have a pad so when we fly in to pick up from there the local police department will close down a road in front of the ED for us to land at. The ending is a stroke/stemi center however they have a 12 bed ED with 1 doc and 4-5 nurses.
He's a nurse something something yeah? It seems more like insurance on their end.
I am a paramedic with a nurse partner.
That chart sounds horrid.
After decon (possible COVID) the chart took about 5 hours. Vitals q5 minutes on EMScharts.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ill take EMScharts over goldenhour any day.
I have never used that one but if EMScharts is better, that is pretty bad. I was and still am a huge fan of ImageTrends, when set up properly, for 911. I have not used it for CCT/HEMS so I don't know how well it would transfer over.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I have never used that one but if EMScharts is better, that is pretty bad. I was and still am a huge fan of ImageTrends, when set up properly, for 911. I have not used it for CCT/HEMS so I don't know how well it would transfer over.
The way I hear it, goldhour was developed with code stolen from EMScharts. I dont know how true it all is cause I just do what im told. You can certainly see the EMScharts in it.

My big complaint is the character limit in text boxes on the vital signs page, which forces you to another page to use events. It makes it difficult to keep things chronologically intact, and the company wont allow use of a text box without full vitals on the VS page.

EMS gold was supposed to be the best of both worlds, but I think its been scrapped since Zoll bought it all.

Full disclosure, I never used EMScharts in a HEMS/CC patient so maybe Goldenhour is better there, but with VS being a bulk of the entry on any chart, GH leaves a lot to be desired.

For 911 if I could use gen 1 or 2 AMR Meds without having to actually work at AMR, I would be set.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
The way I hear it, goldhour was developed with code stolen from EMScharts. I dont know how true it all is cause I just do what im told. You can certainly see the EMScharts in it.

My big complaint is the character limit in text boxes on the vital signs page, which forces you to another page to use events. It makes it difficult to keep things chronologically intact, and the company wont allow use of a text box without full vitals on the VS page.

EMS gold was supposed to be the best of both worlds, but I think its been scrapped since Zoll bought it all.

Full disclosure, I never used EMScharts in a HEMS/CC patient so maybe Goldenhour is better there, but with VS being a bulk of the entry on any chart, GH leaves a lot to be desired.

For 911 if I could use gen 1 or 2 AMR Meds without having to actually work at AMR, I would be set.

I actually like MEDS :3

It's real easy

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I actually like MEDS :3

It's real easy
If I remember correctly I was beta testing gen 2 when I left (not certain if it was full roll out by then) Locally theyve gone to touch screen with tablets. I much prefered the tab over option on the toughbooks.

Now that ive done it, I much prefer a timeline narrative which the original meds didnt have the ability to do, but I could live without it.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
If I remember correctly I was beta testing gen 2 when I left (not certain if it was full roll out by then) Locally theyve gone to touch screen with tablets. I much prefered the tab over option on the toughbooks.

Now that ive done it, I much prefer a timeline narrative which the original meds didnt have the ability to do, but I could live without it.

We have toughbooks. They're pretty good. And yeah, tab and enter on the dial option things is easy.

Wdym timeline narrative.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
We have toughbooks. They're pretty good. And yeah, tab and enter on the dial option things is easy.

Wdym timeline narrative.
Instead of having a seperate text box for a narrative (CHART, SOPA, etc.), you just chart in a text box as you enter vitals (or even if you dont have vitals at that time).

So it would look something like (this will be a short crappy version but it gives you the idea)

V/S BP 120/80 HR 80 RR 16 SPo2 99%

Upon arrival at patient contact, found a 77 y/o female lying supine on the kitchen floor, patient states she was making breakfast when she tripped on the rug and fell, landing on her left hip. Patient c/o left hip pain.

And from there you just continue down inserting vitals as needed and using the text box to write youre narrative of events with corresponding times.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Instead of having a seperate text box for a narrative (CHART, SOPA, etc.), you just chart in a text box as you enter vitals (or even if you dont have vitals at that time).

So it would look something like (this will be a short crappy version but it gives you the idea)

V/S BP 120/80 HR 80 RR 16 SPo2 99%

Upon arrival at patient contact, found a 77 y/o female lying supine on the kitchen floor, patient states she was making breakfast when she tripped on the rug and fell, landing on her left hip. Patient c/o left hip pain.

And from there you just continue down inserting vitals as needed and using the text box to write youre narrative of events with corresponding times.
It auto creates a narrative but they don't want us to use it.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Isn't that basically the same thing as a G5?
If you're going to go with a Pontiac, might as well go all in and go for the AMC.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
The servo-i is your grandfather's old farm truck. It isn't pretty, it's been beat up pretty good, but it works every time and works pretty well.

The G5 is the new hot thing to get. Its fancy, it drives it self (has a vent mode called ASV or adaptive support ventilation) although I've never actually seen it work well on any remotely sick patient, and it's really expensive.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
The servo-i is your grandfather's old farm truck. It isn't pretty, it's been beat up pretty good, but it works every time and works pretty well.

The G5 is the new hot thing to get. Its fancy, it drives it self (has a vent mode called ASV or adaptive support ventilation) although I've never actually seen it work well on any remotely sick patient, and it's really expensive.

Is G5 the one with the iOS interface ? I’ve seen these in a PICU when they just arrived.