the 100% directionless thread

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Just met a 94 year old WWII vet who was an infantryman in Europe, looked 74, still incredibly mobile, lived on his own, and just a cool *** dude. Can't ask for a much better way to start the day. When I am 94, I either want to be dead or be like this guy.

I was getting this old timer ready for a CABG. I was listening to his heart and lungs and noticed these big splotchy tattoos on his flank and chest along with the usual Marine anchor and globe. I asked him who was more drunk, him or the guy doing that tattoo. He said neither...those black splotches were Iwo Jima sand that went ballistic when he and his unit received a mortar barrage during the initial assault. It got real quiet...

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I was getting this old timer ready for a CABG. I was listening to his heart and lungs and noticed these big splotchy tattoos on his flank and chest along with the usual Marine anchor and globe. I asked him who was more drunk, him or the guy doing that tattoo. He said neither...those black splotches were Iwo Jima sand that went ballistic when he and his unit received a mortar barrage during the initial assault. It got real quiet...
Some humbling stories for sure. Remember hearing about my great grandpa being at th beaches of Normandy during D day and his brother being killed at the Battle of the Bulge. Kinda hard to imagine the scale of those days.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
He said neither...those black splotches were Iwo Jima sand that went ballistic when he and his unit received a mortar barrage during the initial assault. It got real quiet...

How far did your foot go into your mouth? Humbling for sure.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
How far did your foot go into your mouth? Humbling for sure.

The crazy thing was that the way he said it was as if he was telling me a bruise on his thumb nail was from being careless with a hammer. He thought nothing of it after all those years.... or he had a wicked poker face.

CALEMT

The crazy thing was that the way he said it was as if he was telling me a bruise on his thumb nail was from being careless with a hammer. He thought nothing of it after all those years.... or he had a wicked poker face.

Damn

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

I️ want to say they were tougher than we are...but there is something to be said for the passage of time?

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Vacation day 3 paid off with a mature buck and my first bow kill. One more day of hunting near home then off to deer camp for the first two days of gun season.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
New personal record low....pH 6.87

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
New personal record low....pH 6.87
thats-bad-mmkay-16471456.png

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Home from camp. Worst opening weekend weather I can ever remember. As predicted, since I shot my buck all I saw was bucks this weekend.

Back to work tomorrow and im pretty sad about it.

CALEMT

Well while I’m in the Owens valley enjoying camping, looking at the mule deer wishing I drew a tag, and the weather although it’s oddly warm. My dad is hunting mule deer up in Lassen Co. hit a mule deer and killed a gigantic bear. So that means we’ll possibly have 300-400 pounds of meat in the freezer.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Fatal helicopter crash today has me second guessing my interview. I know they arent anything new. Just makes me think about it more now.