the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Except apparently, they don't have used cars for sale in Hawaii (I typed in location, nearest one popped up Redwood City CA) and the cheapest here in Covina is still 7 grand....the second cheapest is 9 grand....

https://www.cargurus.com

You'll thank me later...

VentMonkey

Family Guy
IMG_0420.JPG

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Is anybody a personal trainer? or know a decent amount behind the education of one? Have a few exploratory questions.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
[Rant]
New training officer called NREMT a scam...
Does he not get that the state has to *pay* to create their own exams? Does he not get that there is a *national* accrediting body that we can use? Better to make end users pay...
[/Rant]

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Is anybody a personal trainer? or know a decent amount behind the education of one? Have a few exploratory questions.
I have some friends from the Olympic weightlifting team, one is going that route I believe. What do you want to know?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I have some friends from the Olympic weightlifting team, one is going that route I believe. What do you want to know?
certifications needed to actually get employed somewhere(PT). How long those certs take to get? type of education behind them?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Degree-wise those that are typically going high end personal trainer (e.g., pro, and collegiate-level athletics) shoot for kinesiology degrees.

@Akulahawk can probably shed some light.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I just figured to see if maybe i can sneak an associates degree out of it, from the classes i've taken when i was doing nursing school(that didn't pan out), and EMT cert ect.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I just figured to see if maybe i can sneak an associates degree out of it, from the classes i've taken when i was doing nursing school(that didn't pan out), and EMT cert ect.
I'm not sure what kind of personal trainer you're getting at. If you're referring to some side cash trainer at your local fitness club, you're overqualified as it stands now.

The career-minded trainers typically tailor their degrees accordingly. It's also quite competitive the higher up, and further in you go, or so I was told by an ex-sports-trainer-to-be-turned-paramedic.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I'm not sure what kind of personal trainer you're getting at. If you're referring to some side cash trainer at your local fitness club, you're overqualified as it stands now.

The career-minded trainers typically tailor their degrees accordingly. It's also quite competitive the higher up, and further in you go, or so I was told by an ex-sports-trainer-to-be-turned-paramedic.
yea, thats what i'm looking for. Trying to be the Top level trainer at a public gym. Its an easy thing to do for money+ save me workout time. figure work as much as possible when i'm young.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
No firework or gunshot here, I got off an hour ago. Didnt even open my IV stuff. 3 easy calls all at double time pay. Even got two naps in.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
No firework or gunshot here, I got off an hour ago. Didnt even open my IV stuff. 3 easy calls all at double time pay. Even got two naps in.
You know?...some of us haven't even reached the halfway point in our shifts yet, so you can shut your ever-lovin' jinxing meathole.

Last edited: