the 100% directionless thread

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Yea...you're also a cop, soooooo...........
[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I need a doctorate to figure out that link/correspondence lol. [emoji12]

MMohler

Forum Crew Member
but good on Pulse Point for timeliness and accuracy?

Trying to be a reserve firefighter soon here and in the meantime I just shadow at the station. Pulsepoint will come up quicker than a dispatch will almost 100% of the time! Awesome app.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Kinda irritated that NYS won't accept an NREMT-approved refresher. I have to recert CT and NY soon-ish (for March of 2018), but since my CT refresher is free* and my CT refresher covers my NREMT needs...I'm not going to bother recert-ing NYS.

*Service provided, "free" isn't ever free, right?

Any way around this one (@NysEms2117)?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Kinda irritated that NYS won't accept an NREMT-approved refresher. I have to recert CT and NY soon-ish (for March of 2018), but since my CT refresher is free* and my CT refresher covers my NREMT needs...I'm not going to bother recert-ing NYS.

Not entirely sure what the question is? Are you asking if nremt ceus count for ny? Or ct for ny?

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Not entirely sure what the question is? Are you asking if nremt ceus count for ny? Or ct for ny?

CT for NY, but I don't think the answer is "yes". Also, I don't think NYS cares about NREMT, lol - I'll end up having to take a challenge NYS refresher if I want to practice in NYS.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
CT for NY, but I don't think the answer is "yes". Also, I don't think NYS cares about NREMT, lol - I'll end up having to take a challenge NYS refresher if I want to practice in NYS.
idk about recert since i haven't had to do it yet. I'll ask when i work next week for you.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Watching Forrest Gump made me think of a joke... Whats Forrest Gump's password? 1forrest1... that is all.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Watching Forrest Gump made me think of a joke... Whats Forrest Gump's password? 1forrest1... that is all.

[emoji23]

Now get back to studying.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Both of my shifts officially have set partners now. Now only my float day will be potentially an unknown partner.

CALEMT

I just realized that my bedroom is a total man-topia... Walking in my room with a beer (cause its my friday) I noticed empty beer bottles with AR-15 parts around said beer bottles, random shotgun items near my bed, some mix matched 45 auto, 5.56, .223, 12 gauge, and .22, some pistol mags on my nightstand and a holster by my bed.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I just realized that my bedroom is a total man-topia... Walking in my room with a beer (cause its my friday) I noticed empty beer bottles with AR-15 parts around said beer bottles, random shotgun items near my bed, some mix matched 45 auto, 5.56, .223, 12 gauge, and .22, some pistol mags on my nightstand and a holster by my bed.
Mine has flowers, a tea maker(yes I know it just pours hot water), and books. Come to think of it, none of it is mine lol

MMohler

Forum Crew Member
Come to think of it, none of it is mine lol

First the introduction to Sam hunt, now it's waking up to sunflowers. Hopefully they smell good.

I just realized that my bedroom is a total man-topia... Walking in my room with a beer (cause its my friday) I noticed empty beer bottles with AR-15 parts around said beer bottles, random shotgun items near my bed, some mix matched 45 auto, 5.56, .223, 12 gauge, and .22

some mix matched 45 auto, 5.56, .223, 12 gauge, and .22,

Now I need to find me a woman that can separate that

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Now I need to find me a woman that can separate that
my fiance can... she just doesn't like too.
First the introduction to Sam hunt, now it's waking up to sunflowers. Hopefully they smell good.
I still have my man cave! I refuse to give up my man card!

CALEMT

I still have my man cave! I refuse to give up my man card!

You mean let's you have your man cave, and she has this illusion that you still have your man card when in all reality your man card got up and walked away when it saw flowers and tea makers in your room.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Man cave? You mean when I surreptitiously get out of bed to play Xbox?

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess

I'm taking a refresher course for next week. I'm in Az and they are adopting the new standard for NREMT. Even though it's not required until 2019. Unfortunately, there isn't a refresher offered yet in Az that covers the new standards and I only have until the end of this month. I'm taking the course next week. I guess I'll just have to see what happens. I got my state license renewed back in September so I'm good there till 2018.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
@ViolynEMT, I feel like the states are behind the curve - they need to tie out to NREMT's requirements. Heck, they could just use NREMT and say "hey, if you are certed by NREMT, you just need to apply to us for your state license."