the 100% directionless thread

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
An old italian lady said she would pray for me

Everything is coming up Brown! :D

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Well being I adhere to the church of pastafarianism, if an old italian lady said she'd pray for me I may just swoon...of course I'd convince myself those prayers were accompanied by copious amounts of carbohydrates. :D

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, we are humming along on an IFT today, when all ov a sudden, I hear a loud woosh, like a jet flying by, look out the back window and see us streaming white smoke, and suddenly become aware of a loud whine. Like a turbocharged on seroids. As this is occouring, my partner is pulling over to the shoulder and I am trying to reassure the pt that, as far as I can tell the rig is not on fire.

Turns out the tranny is completely shot. Nice, eh?

Sparky21

Forum Probie
Definitely just got cornered by a group of firefighters in the ema room so the could inspect and make fun of my small feet...

Sparky21

Forum Probie
Well, we are humming along on an IFT today, when all ov a sudden, I hear a loud woosh, like a jet flying by, look out the back window and see us streaming white smoke, and suddenly become aware of a loud whine. Like a turbocharged on seroids. As this is occouring, my partner is pulling over to the shoulder and I am trying to reassure the pt that, as far as I can tell the rig is not on fire.

Turns out the tranny is completely shot. Nice, eh?

Haha that's sucks! You must work for a rural uh/oh company... That definitely happened to my buddy on Hoover damn two days ago...

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Haha that's sucks! You must work for a rural uh/oh company... That definitely happened to my buddy on Hoover damn two days ago...

Rural? Yes. Uh/oh? No.

And I defiantly think that definitely is definitely your favorite word. lol

So the best with the bad tranny is now in the shop and God only knows how long it'll be there.

And get this, as soon as my boss came out, picked us up and got us back into town and outfitted with another rig, my partner and I got paged on another IFT from the same originating facility to the same receiving facility. My boss intercepted us on our way to the garage to roll out and told us "OK you two, don't blow up any more ambulances, cause I'm running out of them." lol

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Hahaha dont hate... and the IFT thats amazing you gotta love general transport

Well, what I don't like is being primarily a 911 scene response service that has to do IFTs simply because there is no one else to do them.

And now I go to bed so I can be up at 0230 to make the airport no time with my mom. Night everyone!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh wait, I get it. You are referring to an ambulance service whose initials are R.M. Whose first name is Rural and whose last name starts with M, ends with O and has a E-T-R in between.

No, not them. Stevens County Sheriff's Ambulance,] is my service. And that rig was getting up there slightly. 150K miles and no tranny problems yet. Just decided to blow all at once. lol Why did it have to be my crew? I swear, everything I look at causes it's potential to get broken to go up by a factor of 12!

Sparky21

Forum Probie
150k miles?! that brand new!!!! The last time I drove an ambo that had less than 300k was um...oh yeah precepting in glendale. wonderful and glorious glendale that gets whatever they want whenever they want it dont even think twice about it. my dedicated EMS ride in mesa was right at 300k when i got booted out and it is a 2004 which is the general theme in the valley. that ride did have alot of problems though...:rolleyes:

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Some ****** trucker decided to change lanes in a Non passing construction zone yesterday without signaling and flattened my side mirrors while I had a patient in the back. Luckilyno damage but as a probie I don't need this sort of attention.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
150k miles?! that brand new!!!! The last time I drove an ambo that had less than 300k was um...oh yeah precepting in glendale. wonderful and glorious glendale that gets whatever they want whenever they want it dont even think twice about it. my dedicated EMS ride in mesa was right at 300k when i got booted out and it is a 2004 which is the general theme in the valley. that ride did have alot of problems though...:rolleyes:

Well, yea. 150k is not bad at all especially considering it is a one ton diesel. But as far as automatic trannys on ambulances go. 150k is not bad. We sort of expected it to go out gradually though. Not morph into a soup of pink fluid, aluminum powder and steel shavings at 65 MPH. But ole 802, she apprently had some different plans. Reverse started slipping ever so slightly about two months ago. Off and on, some days it was fine, others....just the tiniest slip into reverse. Then all of a sudden one day, poof!!! She's gone.

Well, I should tell my boss that he should look on the bright side. At least he dosent have to worry about 802s tranny for another many thousands of miles. Lol

JPINFV

Gadfly
Hehe... the second company I worked for was a small, relatively new company with all three units under 15k miles (2 of the three units under 10k) when I started working there. However, my absolute favorite unit that I worked on between the two companies was a Horton type 3 with 300k miles on it. Between being the only Horton in the fleet at the time, a type 3 (most of the drivers [not all of the EMTs drove, so essentially once you started driving, you drove 95% of the time] prefered the type 2s), it was old, and it was the test unit for drive cam.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
This has been a lousy week so far............<_<

Bright side though, atleast I get to poke oranges and dummies on Thursday.:ph34r:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
An irrational fear of home invasion since childhood + watching someone break into a neighbors apartment in the middle of the day and beating them up 3 years ago + two "attempted burglaries" (according to police report) at my house in the last month + working at dispatch for the city I live in and seeing a rash of burglaries in my area =

AAAAAGH.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh bloody hell it was all hands to the pump last night, got absolutely hammered .... so what better thing to do than go back and do it again tonight?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh bloody hell it was all hands to the pump last night, got absolutely hammered .... so what better thing to do than go back and do it again tonight?

I dunno, you tell me.

But what I do know is that we are doing just that right now. It is now 0245 and still going steady. Between fire, the amb, animals on the farm and running family members to and from the airport at ungodly hours, I have managed to get a whopping 10 hours of sleep in the past 96. And I gave blood today. Needless to say I am zonked. But I work tomorrow (Well, today. Wednesday day shift) then I am off until Saturday. w00t!!!

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
damn it to the bowels of bloody hell got absolutely smashed again last night calls waiting up to 25 minutes .... all hands at the pump again