the 100% directionless thread

mct601

RN/NRP
$203 for two books, one being used. thank goodness for pay day being tomorrow.

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Ouch Mct on the books. My last semester was 3 books that came to well over 500, then I wrecked my car and destroyed the books and had to replace them. Eeesh. Thankfully insurance payed me back for the replacements but still. Happy studies!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
The city I live in has a new rec center they just built with an indoor and outdoor pools. They are hiring lifeguards at ~$10/hr.

Debating if I should apply... might be pretty easy job to get with my Paramedic cert (and I can oust the pool manager!), and I can pretty much just walk to work... be only a part-time gig but it'd beat driving 2hours round trip to my normal Medic job and working 12 hours...

Sure, less money, but also less headache.

Downside is I need my lifeguard cert... -_-

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
The city I live in has a new rec center they just built with an indoor and outdoor pools. They are hiring lifeguards at ~$10/hr.

Debating if I should apply... might be pretty easy job to get with my Paramedic cert (and I can oust the pool manager!), and I can pretty much just walk to work... be only a part-time gig but it'd beat driving 2hours round trip to my normal Medic job and working 12 hours...

Sure, less money, but also less headache.

Downside is I need my lifeguard cert... -_-
You'd have both jobs, right? Just wanna make sure.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Yeah, the lifeguard thing would just be on some off days just for the heck of it.... not losing my better paying job that is in the career I want...

And yes, i said "better" paying in regards to EMS... :wacko:

8jimi8

CFRN
Yeah, the lifeguard thing would just be on some off days just for the heck of it.... not losing my better paying job that is in the career I want...

And yes, i said "better" paying in regards to EMS... :wacko:

Pervert

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
The DMV and Driver Safety both lost my paperwork. So i have to resubmit EVERYTHING:wacko::rolleyes::angry:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Hopefully help out with a First Responder class tomorrow. I've been trying to get myself involved with the classes I went to for becoming an EMT. I showed up for the EMT class, and they immediately had me helping out, which was great. I hope the same can be true for the First Responder class.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
First: I like not the new tappa talk layout.

Second: What are the odds in a small community the size we cover that you will get back to back CPR calls? One on a narcotic OD, one from a probable MI. Narcan saved the first, nothing we could do for the second. Although both were transported.

Third: I am so drained right now. I have got lots of personal stuff going on and today was just a little too much to throw on top of all that.

Fourth: I'll now quit complaining because most of you stopped reading my complaints after #1. Lol

Have a good night everyone.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
First EMD call: anaphylaxis. Hitting the ground running.

Fourth: I'll now quit complaining because most of you stopped reading my complaints after #1. Lol

Have a good night everyone.

I read them!!! You have a good night too.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
First EMD call: anaphylaxis. Hitting the ground running.

Ambulace. What is the exact address of the emergency?
The phone number you're calling from?
What's the problem, tell me exactly what happened?
How many people are sick?
Are they completely awake?
Are they breathing normally?

... I am sending the Ambulance (paramedics) to help you now, stay on the phone and I will tell you exactly what to do next.

Oh sorry, Brown knows MPDS off the top of his head :D

Whats that Oz? It's a go, anaphylaxis you say? Right, ok all set, we're off ....

8jimi8

CFRN
effing night shift...

now i ALWAYS wake up around 330 am

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
dont worry mate after a year of being a night person i was put on 16 weeks of 7.00 and 7.30am shifts, in two weeks i have four weeks of overnights coming up

8jimi8

CFRN
YES! finished my last research exam. Now to recheck my 200 answers and send it off..

all that is left is the webinar final and 80 hours of clinicals.

I hope the NREMT-I was as easy as the NREMT-B!

any comparisons out there?

Sizz

Forum Lieutenant
Automatic Cot

Honestly I can say I'm not really a fan of the automatic lifting cot vs a nice manual cot. I hurt my lower back a bit today going down about 5 stairs not sure if it was my partner not keeping the lower end high enough or that the dam cot weights half a ton either way hopefully we decide something different next time.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Honestly I can say I'm not really a fan of the automatic lifting cot vs a nice manual cot. I hurt my lower back a bit today going down about 5 stairs not sure if it was my partner not keeping the lower end high enough or that the dam cot weights half a ton either way hopefully we decide something different next time.

I hate them. Too heavy and way to hard to operate when the battery dies. I am all for as much manual stuff as possible. Manual gurneys, manual BP, manual defib, etc. I even wish our ambulances had manual transmissions. (Of course then I would not want 90% of the crew driving them with me in the back! lol)

medic417

The Truth Provider
Power cots are great. Would not go back to manual. For stairs use the stair chair.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Just crawled out of bed. First day of vacation is going great so far.

reaper

Working Bum
Exactly. Power stretchers have saved more backs then you can count. The key is proper use.

Don't take them up or downstairs. Use a stair chair for what it was designed. If you must transverse stairs, get help or plan ahead.

There should never be a reason to have dead batteries in them. Keep charger and spare battery on the truck.

The entire point of them is to save you from the ground up lift, which kills backs. What I laugh at, is the only ones I see *****ing about them is always newer providers. The guys and gals that have done this for 10 or more years, know the value they provide.