the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
So I worked back-to-back 12 hour shifts, only ran 4 calls in that 24 hour period and I still managed to get off late...

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
So if anyone has any good whiskey, rum, scotch, etc. suggestions...well....I am gonna need something to get through the month, so pass them along. :p

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
So if anyone has any good whiskey, rum, scotch, etc. suggestions...well....I am gonna need something to get through the month, so pass them along. :p

I've always been a big craft beer guy, but just recently started drinking a lot less beer and have been experimenting with different bourbons. So far my favorites are Jefferson's, Woodford Reserve, and Four Roses. But there are tons of good ones out there. I pretty much only drink whiskey neat.

The 90 proof SoCo is decent (the regular stuff is too sweet and weak), as is Crown Royal. Both go good in Coke.

In the summer I also like Cruzan Black Strap Rum and any good quality 100% agave tequila.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'll second Woodford and Four Roses. Makers 46 is good (or even just standard Makers- Makers and Coke is my go to at restaraunts with ****ty selection). One of my favorites is from a local distillery, Ranger Creek. Buffalo Trace is pretty good too.

Non-bourbon, I really like Redbreast 12 and 15. Jameson Gold Reserve is pretty damn good. I'm not a huge fan of the heavily peated Scotches.

Also seconded on drinking them neat.

And now I think I want a drink.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
12347867_1015092715238325_4874409813450082990_n.jpg

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I will put Woodford on my list since yall both suggested it. 1/23 days down.... I got a bigger paycheck than expected, might be time to treat myself.

That is an awesome picture canman.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I just went on a chicken house fire in the pouring rain. I feel like a hen crawled up my nose and somehow crapped directly on my brain. My truck and I are covered in what is likely 20% mud and 80% chicken feces.

Ahh, this paramedicine thing 'tis a glamorous and high speed/low drag career.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I got the feathers/feces mix that's spit out of a chicken house fan blown all over me when I was in the process there. It's a scent that you never forget. (I don't miss the chicken house stuff!)

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I will put Woodford on my list since yall both suggested it. 1/23 days down.... I got a bigger paycheck than expected, might be time to treat myself.
Four Roses is also good, and a little "softer", I think, so maybe a little easier for the new bourbon drinker to enjoy. It's also a fair amount less expensive, at least in my neck of the woods.

But yeah, Woodford is probably my all-around favorite so far.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Pet peeve- when someone asks for feedback, but can't accept criticism.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Welp... Just asked for an application from Sussex... Time to start floating the idea by my wife.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Hahah. Another WA medic making the trek to the slower lower. If you do wind up there, you'd be the 5th.

It's a great place. Except for the chicken Houses.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Hahah. Another WA medic making the trek to the slower lower. If you do wind up there, you'd be the 5th.

It's a great place. Except for the chicken Houses.

I have often thought about Sussex, but sadly I can't get the wife to be to move out of the crap hole of MD.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Any career departments on the east coast people know of? Have been looking into Wake County and Mecklenburg a little bit. Heard Meck starts medics off at 32k a year though, which would be a 20k pay cut going from a basic to medic, so thats out lol.

Boston EMS won't work since they require you to live in the city, so no thanks.

I am probably stuck here until (if) I get my medic or find a new job other than EMS. Just exploring options.