the 100% directionless thread

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Got to spend the last week of it in Nevada, so I can't complain. Still got a couple more vacations this year to make up for all the working, though :D

That's what's nice about working here too. I've barely worked a shift since the new year, still have like 300 hours of vacation left lol.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
That's what's nice about working here too. I've barely worked a shift since the new year, still have like 300 hours of vacation left lol.
Yes sir! With vacation and various types of allotted leave, and no OT (which I refuse to work), I end up working only 67 shifts per year... Definitely not a bad gig :D

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
We get 15 shifts of vacation per year, along with four more shifts of a different kind of leave. Then with the team I'm on, we get a few more admin days for training and teaching. With 24/72 shifts, the time off really goes a long way.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
So today I managed to run a 72 mile code 3 ER transfer for a 10 month old who swallowed a penny and had a esophageal obstruction.
Why didn't they fly it? 72 miles... Hmm. EMC. That's 60 miles, nope. I'm surprised JFK didn't fly, they fly everything.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Why didn't they fly it? 72 miles... Hmm. EMC. That's 60 miles, nope. I'm surprised JFK didn't fly, they fly everything.
They have been flying a lot less recently. I've done several code transfers from there to desert, LLUMC, RCH, and RCRMC.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Bleh... Can't sleep. And we haven't run a single call.

Woodtownemt

Forum Lieutenant
Hello guys and gals i for the most part have not been on as much as i would like but since i have a little more time now to spare thought i drop by. Despite me not be very active in posting i always enjoy catching up and seeing how EMS is everywhere else. Have a great Sunday and a even better shift.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
We get 15 shifts of vacation per year, along with four more shifts of a different kind of leave. Then with the team I'm on, we get a few more admin days for training and teaching. With 24/72 shifts, the time off really goes a long way.
Maybe the most generous leave program ever heard of in EMS. I assume you can also do trade days and keep all that time banked?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Maybe the most generous leave program ever heard of in EMS. I assume you can also do trade days and keep all that time banked?
Yeah, we can trade as much as we like, with no stipulations on when it has to be paid back (where my brother works, both shifts being traded have to occur in the same pay cycle).

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Yeah, we can trade as much as we like, with no stipulations on when it has to be paid back (where my brother works, both shifts being traded have to occur in the same pay cycle).
Where is this magical place? How much do they pay? And how is the cost of living? (Protocols?)

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
We have something similar in regards to leave, although we only work 12 hour shifts. We receive 14 shifts of "Holiday" that can be used equivalent to vacation time every year. We also receive 15 "Vacation" days annually that increases to 21 days with time of service. Sick time is accrued separately from the previous categories at (I believe) 15 hours per month. Trade times are unrestricted as well and do not have to be paid back in the same pay period.