the 100% directionless thread

Now to study for a massive A&P test (found a really enjoyable, in-depth physiology book).
What physiology book are you utilizing? I've been looking for a good reference.

I'm using Human Physiology: From Cells to Systems by Lauralee Sherwood.
Does it make difficult concepts easy to understand?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
^I have one tomorrow myself. I suppose I should run an iron over my suit and review some of my interview prep notes haha

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
http://www.military.com/daily-news/...y-have-contributed-to-paratroopers-death.html

Great....just what I need to read a week before reporting to Jumpmaster school.....a Paratrooper killed by improperly rigged equipment causing him to spin around while exiting the aircraft causing the static line (that connects the airplane to the parachute so it opens automatically upon exit) to wrap around his neck causing lacerations to his left interior and external carotid arteries and left internal jugular. His spinal cord was separated resulting in internal decapitation within the first two seconds of exiting the aircraft, according to the report...

RIP Spc Roberts

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
http://www.military.com/daily-news/...y-have-contributed-to-paratroopers-death.html

Great....just what I need to read a week before reporting to Jumpmaster school.....a Paratrooper killed by improperly rigged equipment causing him to spin around while exiting the aircraft causing the static line (that connects the airplane to the parachute so it opens automatically upon exit) to wrap around his neck causing lacerations to his left interior and external carotid arteries and left internal jugular. His spinal cord was separated resulting in internal decapitation within the first two seconds of exiting the aircraft, according to the report...

RIP Spc Roberts
Yeah, that sucks... at least it was quick for him and (unfortunately) a very strong and grim reminder to make sure all the rigging is done correctly.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Does it make difficult concepts easy to understand?

I think so. I'm really flying through a lot of material very quickly; it's written in a very clear and concise but thorough style. The only downside depending on what your focus is would be that it only covers as much anatomy as you need to understand the physiological concepts. That's kind of a plus on my view.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
At the end of this month, a national chain ice cream store that isn't DQ will be airing a new commercial. (I'm not sure if I can say the name). It features the song "This Magic Moment" . I'm playing on it. Was in the recording studio last week. Just sayin'. ;)

RScott

Forum Probie
At the end of this month, a national chain ice cream store that isn't DQ will be airing a new commercial. (I'm not sure if I can say the name). It features the song "This Magic Moment" . I'm playing on it. Was in the recording studio last week. Just sayin'. ;)
Awesome! Is it airing nation wide?

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Baskin Robins

EMT533

The Rookie
THAT'S AWESOME!